Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi,

Just to let you know, they're on my comp at work and I'm off sick. Will hopefully be in tommorow so will send them then.

Catherine x
Hi Steve and Paula.
Me and my better half stayed at the Holiday Village last year and had a great holiday.The grounds are beautiful and well looked after.

Here`s a couple of pics of the gazibo and the view from it.

Hope i`am not stealing Scottishmums thunder here i`m sure she has some nice photos as well.

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/407/08pegasostropicalxe8.jpg

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/7739/09pegasostropicalzn0.jpg

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/4162/07pegasostropicaloq7.jpg
I may be a little repetetive with this one but...........

Why would you want to travel on a 4 hour flight for an all inclusive when you could do it for 2.5 hours and get the same holiday in Spain :roll:
They're much better than my photos anyway Louis, so no worries, lol.

John, I can't believe you made such a statement! I'm shocked at you! :shock: Because those of us who do AI in Turkey and Spain (i.e. me) still think Turkey is nicer, the people and the food are much nicer too! I'm going to Tenerife AI in December, but if Turkey was as warm I'd certainly rather be there.
Steve and Paula,

Sorry, I actually can't find my photos. I don't know where I've put them. But here's a couple of links to more photos of the wedding gazebo on here. They're virtually identical to mine anyway.

Catherine xxx
we got married in turkey 2 years ago so if i can be of any help re info on docs needed etc let me know.

we had a great day, and so happy we got married in turkey although ive had a few problems here in the uk with my wedding certificate, so still using maiden name as i need it translated into english ive been told !!!

im also a little bit surprised by johns unnecessary comment !! very odd thing to say
Sorry but got to agree, there really is no comparison between Spain and Turkey, for me anyway Turkey wins hands down. :D
Karen and Juicyjude

The comment is probably a general dig at people who choose to go AI and hopefully not meant personally :( .

Chris
Hayal my concern is that it would cost a fortune to send from Turkey because of the weight!

We may go back in September and see if I can find one then.
Hi

Can anyone recommend any nice places to get married in Marmaris. Hotels or restaurants where the ceremony could take place, followed by good food and dancing. Nothing too English,somewhere classy where Turkish people would appreciate also. Is it possible to hire a restaurant solely for the wedding party. Anyone done this and how much did it cost, looking at around 20 -30 people.

Thankyou
hi

im not sure if cinar does wedding but its a fab setting and around 15 mins drive outside of marmaris, it has little streams running through the grounds ,lots of little ponds dotted around with ducks, really cute, great food , and reasonably priced here is the link

http://www.turkuaz-guide.net/cinar/index.htm
As i have said before Hayal managed everything for my daughter's wedding. It was at the Laguna in Icemeler.It was mostly Turkish guests. All seemed to enjoy themselves. Food was great as was location. It was a beach front, or u could have roof top depending on the weather. She delivered everything she said she would and i thought the price was really good.Can highly recommend her check out her website.Wish u well
me and my husband want to renew are wedding vows in july this year in marmaris.can anyone help me,roughly how much would this cost for simple ceremony only few flowers etc no reception as there will only be me hubby and daughter.also how would i go about organising this thank you.
Hi, I got married in Turkey, 4 years ago today actually !! We got married in Bodrum register office and then later we had a small party on the beach. We had to get blood tests and stuff done because my husband is Turkish, the actual ceremony lasted about 10 minutes, we signed the register, got our book and that was it.

Kedi x
Hi Ellie-Meg

When you get married where you not given the red book "Aile Cuzdani" as your marriage certificate? I was able to change my name on my passport etc back in the UK, without getting it translated into english.
yes i have got that red book, did you have to send that to passport agency. i explained all this to the dvla over the phone when i tried to change my name on my driving licence and they refused to accept it and said i had to be translated, so i assumed the passport agency would say the same. ive just renewed my passport in my maiden name ,not sure if i change the name now ill get recharged its dear enough as it is grr
Along with a friend of mine, we own a wedding planning business here in Turkey. Although based in Kusadasi, we travel to other resorts. Our website has a Forum for info, ideas, questions etc about getting married here. The web address is turkeyweddingplanner.com; you need to click Home to get to the Forum.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.