Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
If you were aware that you were 200 over your limit then perhaps you only have yourself to blame in this instance. I am sure that the information is out there telling you what you can and can't bring in.

Pippa
Of course flying through Glasgow is generally not a very nice experience in my opinion and somehow am not surprised by this action of immigration - is this the same policy then being adopted at all airports or just Glasgow being well............!
there were no customs officers to be seen when we came back from Turkey on Saturday so they cant be checking all flights
somehow am not surprised by this action of immigration

Well I would be! Policing the import of goods into the Uk is the job of Customs and Excise and not Immigration and Passport Control officers. But all joking aside, I can't see what the beef is - Turkey is outside of the EU and it's up to the individual whether they want to take a chance on breaking the law and to try and bring in more than the legal allowance. But having been caught, I can't see that anybody has cause to complain - the rules are both well publicised and very simple - you're allowed to bring in only 200 cigarettes 'duty free' from countries outside of the EU.

SM
Hi can anyone tell me if they have used the Sky lounge at Glasgow airport recently and is it worth the extra cost. Also it says you are provided with snacks, and some alcohol although not a big drinker would like to know what snacks are given. :cheers
bigmamtam,

You might want to have a look through the dedicated Glasgow Airport thread, not sure if the sky lounge has been discussed on tere or not.

Darren
  • Edited by David 2009-02-01 16:22:18
    Thanks Darren .. today's posts now merged with Glasgow Airport Q&As topic
Both sky lounges Holiday/Business offer complimentary:

* Tea, coffee and soft drinks.
* Alcoholic drinks.
* Snacks (biscuits and cheese, crisps).
* Newspapers and magazines (plus business journals in the Business Wing).
* Internet access.

Not been in it (probably won't). Its after security (and the compulsory walk through the shops (thanxs BAA - not!!) and has pretty awful opening times.

Guess it all depends if you think its worth forking out the money for it...and for how many persons.

Nivsy
Thanks Dazbo 5 but isnt this the glasgow airport thread? :que
bigmamtam wrote:
Thanks Dazbo 5 but isnt this the glasgow airport thread

It is now. You originally posted in the airline forum and David (HT Moderator) moved it here for you. The infomation you're looking for might be on here, or at lease those who use Glasgow Airport might read your post. Nivsy's given you the general idea of what lounges offer (they're pretty much the same in most airports apart from the business lounges provided by airlines).

Darren
Can you buy your Duty Free at Glasgow airport like cigs and baccy and collect it when you return after your holiday? Going to Turkey so know were not allowed any more than 200 cigs or 5 pks baccy.Be grateful if anyone can help. :D
jojango wrote:
Can you buy your Duty Free at Glasgow airport like cigs and baccy and collect it when you return after your holiday? Going to Turkey so know were not allowed any more than 200 cigs or 5 pks baccy.Be grateful if anyone can help. :D

You'll have the same allowance buying it for collection on your return as if you took your allowance into Turkey, 200 cigs or 1kg of tobacco.

luci :wave
Just been pricing car parking around Glasgow airport for end of March for three weeks, and it seems to be pretty pricey. We paid around £14 for a week last April, and the cheapest I have found is around £64.
:D i had friends that used the airport lounge in glasgow and said it wasn't anything to write home about. maybe save your money,have a meal and a drink and watch the planes go by!!had a look at holiday extras and did'nt find any offers for when i go away. hie is coming up cheapest and with a buffet breakfast. used this one before. ok if you don't get a room that faces onto the dual carriageway. can be very noisy and kept me awake.(aswell as my hubby snoring :offtop )ask for the car park side.
Customs Allowance from non Eu counties are 200 cigarettes or 250 grams of tobacoo. If cuaght with say 1000 cigarettes you will lose the whole lot and forfeit your entitlement to the 200 cigarettes which should be your allowance, these are the rules. If you go over the 200 allowance you lose the lot, it is clearly marked and signed in the arrivals hall at glasgow airport.
Duty free goods purchased prior to flying away and to be collected on your return to Glasgow can be collected after clearing customs. when you pass through the sliding doors into the main terminal WH Smith's will be on your right hand side and the collection point is right next to it.
Is it true that from 1st May 09 any Thomas Cook passenger can check in anytime from 3AM at Glasgow?

thanks for any replies
luk3000

Yes that is correct, for all flights except those to Canada or the US.

full details here
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.