Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
hi was wondering if any of the hotel airports have rooms which would accomodate 5 people. that would be 2 adults and 3 children :D
The PremierTravelinn at the airport will accomodate the 5 of you in a family room if one of the kids are in a cot
i have yet again had to suffer the wrath of a taxi driver at glasgow airport because i was only going a distance of 6 miles from glasgow airport. these guys are a disgrace to the country. they don't seem to know the concept of customer service and think they are justified in driving like idiots swerving around the roundabouts and moaning/cursing their bad luck at getting a local fare its about time that they get banned from taxi work for life. imagine a tourist or a business man having to suffer this attitude from an alleged service provider the sooner the council take their licence away for good the better. if you have an alternative use it phone the private hire companies who are cheaper and happy to get the work .
wulmac

You should take there name & licence number etc and report them to the licensing dept at Renfrewshire council and also the company.

As you say they are a disgrace, especially as they are often one of the first people tourists meet when they arrive, not a good impression.
can any one tell me if they have got some where to smoke after passport control in glasgow airport. or will it be a trip to newcastle or manchester to have a cig after passport control.
thanks williej
You'll need to go right outside the terminal to smoke. No smoking anywhere in the building.
I know that but was wondering if they had made an outside terrice bit in the departure area as the last time we flew from there it took us nearly 1hr to get throu security.
Sorry Willie, I thought you meant after passport control once you've landed at Glasgow. I see what you mean. I've not flown from Glasgow since the smoking ban but hopefully someone else will know.
I very much doubt that you'll find anywhere to smoke after passport control and the security checkpoints, especially not an outdoor area. These days airports take great care to ensure that there is no way that anybody can get into the departure area without going through security. Creating an area where people can come and go between departures and the outside of the terminal would be an immense security risk and I simply can't see them doing it.

SM
No smoking anywhere in Glasgow Airport. Huge fine if caught breaking law. In fact as you'll know there's a Smoking ban in all public places in Scotland now. How very quickly one gets used to it. Having just returned from Cologne this weekend, I could not believe how badly my clothes smelled of smoke when I unpacked them.
Hi Willie,

We travelled recently to Glasgow and Edinburgh airports. We smoke ourselves and were pre-warned that there is no smoking at the airport.

In fact when we landed at both airports the stewardess informed everyone "welcome to scotland a no smoking country - but for how long?"
thanks for the info newcastle,manchester here we come
willej
you cant even smoke in front of the terminal , and long may it continue , best thing ever to happen in scotland , we are all starting to smell the fresh air . a smoke free scot.
Sorry what I meant to say was that it was the stewardess who said that "for how long" not me, I am quite happy for the pubs to be non smoking and quite agree that the law shouldn't change.

Gail
Warning of major roadworks on approach to Glasgow Airport

Starting from tomorrow, Saturday 1 July, drivers are being warned to expect severe delays on Scotland's busiest section of motorway, between junctions 22 and 24 of the M8 in the vicinity of Plantation Interchange on the south side of Glasgow.

With over 130,000 vehicles using this stretch of motorway each day, there are warnings of severe delays on both carriageways, as well as on the northbound M77 and surrounding local roads.

As this is just a few miles from Glasgow Airport, travellers using this section of the M8 or M77 to reach the airport should allow extra time for the journey.

Works are expected to last until Monday 21 August.

David :wave
For anyone heading to Glasgow Airport in the next few weeks via the M8 motorway, this is just another reminder to allow extra time for the journey or you could face missing your flight.

Since those roadworks mentioned above started a couple of weeks ago, some of the delays on the M8 have been horrendous. Today for example, thousands of motorists were left stuck and unable to get off the motorway, after an accident within the contraflow section which is currently operating. Some were left to sit and sunbathe on crash barriers or wander up and down the carriageway for 2 hours while the motorway was cleared.

That would be inconvenient and frustrating at the best of times, but if you happen to be on your way to Glasgow Airport to catch a flight ... :yikes
David :wave
Thanks for the reminder David. :tup We will be travelling down on 18 August so will catch the tail end of the roadworks. Fortunately we are travelling down the night before our flight, but it's still useful to know so that we can tell the hotel we will be a late arrival.

luci :wave
Just read on airliners.net that American Airlines are rumoured to be dropping the summer season daily flight from Glasgow to Chicago citing the route as unprofitable. That's another transatlantic route gone unless they have a change of heart. I flew the route last year and both flights were full as I believe most of the daily flights are. As one post quoted they will probably use the plane to replace a 757 on their expanding routes to South America. Northwest did the same a few years ago dropping Glasgow as unprofitable and moving the DC10 to their Far East routes. Continental and US Airways seem to be doing well from Glasgow, so why not AA? :(
Hi, has anyone out there used Abbotsinch carpark. 3 mns from the airport. I have been checking prices and they are the cheapest so far. It doesn't seem to be one of the most common ones so would appreciate any info.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.