Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Thank you Fiona i find your reports fascinating if i ever get to go to thailand i'll be picking your brains for some ideas..
:) Thanks!
There are several other members here who love Thailand so I'm sure between us we can help.
just came across this old post that i havent answered.well sleeps we have been to
koh samui (lived there for 13 months)i think after living there we probably have a better understanding of the people and thier culture than we do of india and i think this keeps drawing us back.
koh phangan
koh samet
koh larn
pattaya
bangkok
koh lanta
koh pi pi
kanchanaburi
hua hin
champon
lopuri
lampang
chang mai
chang rai
chang kong
as you can see we like to travel about when on holiday.neither of us like being in one place to long.the ubove has been done over several holidays,we find thailand a lot cleaner than goa/india,cheaper,easier to travel about, having said that we did 5 wks goa/india last season and enjoyed most of it,also did 3 wks goa the season before but found 3 wks to long.back to thailand this next season,
I found Goa to be loads cheaper but I'd say Thailand is probably an all round better holiday. The only thing dragging Thailand down was the slightly seedy side to some of the more popular resorts but perhaps this is balanced by the slightly more in your face aspect to the beach-sellers and taxi drivers (you get that all over India though).

I love both countries and to be honest I find it difficult to pick between them really. I think there is more of a culture shock going India even in Goa whereas Thailand felt very much like it was different & exotic in all the nice way but still homely and straight-forward.
Goa is lovely. Thailand is still much better. :tup
thailand is lovely,goa is better
Now I have done both, I am in a position to answer!

We went to Goa in 2010. The weather was perfect, the food lovely and the locals were ok. We have just returned from Thailand and, I have to say, I have been bowled me over. The weather was, again, perfect, the food lovely but the locals were so lovely. That made the difference for me.

We ate street food alot of the time which was just yummy and most dishes costing between 25-60THB/50p to £1.20!!

Thailand was also cleaner I thought.

jennyt
Thailand cleaner than India? You don't say! ;)
I wasnt sure before I went to Thailand whether it would be cleaner and I am sure others wouldn't either
Just back from 4 weeks in Thailand Goa for us next year! :wave:
Hi Fiona yes enjoyed our stay, would do things differently if we returned but will be going to goa in the future
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.