Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
We used Air Asia from KL to do five nights at Siem Reap a few years ago, they do some great deals. We spent five nights there in order to have a more relaxed visit Favorite temple was Banteay Srei. Bit of a drive but a lovely small temple. Went to Tonle Sap which we found a bit underwhelming.
hi sunbear
We do need to start researching what to do this time. I just loved Siem Reap itself. I could happily just wander about there. I loved the cultural park we visited. It was frankly bizarre- a kind of mickey mouse mixed with communism. It did seem like it was in another time. We liked just sitting with a drink and watching the world go by or coming across a colourful procession; or a visit to a market. Loved the umbrella people- it always rained at night and I mean the type where you are soaked through in a minute. They wait outside a bar or restaurant and you pay for the shelter as you dash to tne next place. Now wouldn't that be a great idea for our own city centres :D I just felt it was a very relaxing place.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.