Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
going by coach
3 Posts
ferris use p&o ferries where it is better to use sterling than euros.
the prices are not that cheap on board, but if you are going to eat a hot meal on the ferry then it is often a good idea, depending on how hungry you are, to go to the proper restaurant (langnans brasserie?) rather than the self service restaurant which can get very busy.
another tip for you with ferris, is that they stop around 6-7am on the saturday for breakfast, but you are only around 1-2 hours from your hotel by then. if you can last till then, you are better waiting until you get to your resort, dump your cases(because you wont get straight into your room) and go round to bar street -near the papi hotel and get a proper english breakfast. almost all the bars are open at 9am, and most do a decent breakfast -legends and the eureka are normally very good.
re the euro, i cannot predict what the rate will be, i could be very rich if i could, but i have found that i get a better exchange rate using the ATM than by changing cash or getting euros here. you also get a reasonable rate in the tabac in bar street, or the one near the alhambra hotel.
:cheers thankyou so much for all advice .we are off on the 3rd of june and we hope you have a good holiday should you have one .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.