Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
We always do Thailand in the winter, it makes a great winter sun destination. Whenever I see Phuket on travel programs they always seem to film it in the wet season, the sea rough and grey looking. When we go the sea is calm and the waters clear - just like the photo's in the brochure.

We've also got mixed feelings about the removal of the sunbeds and restaurants as to us that was part of what made a Thai beach. Presumably this means and end to the toe in the sand restaurants. I wonder what Hua Hin and Samui will be like as well.
The restaurants in Nai Harn have been forced back away from the beach and are vitually a 3rd of their original size. Ok for now but will cause problems in high season. Seems like the Army bulldozed any structure that encrouched onto the beach. Ok for the tree huggers I guess but not so sure it's good for everyone else.
Yes, in fact NCPO have made an attempt to cleanup all the major beaches in Phuket and have taken several other measures to improve the brand image of the country in order to promote tourism in the country.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.