Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Sue,

There are a couple of reviews on this site for Golden Dreams Apartments but none, so far, for Sun Village Apartments.
If anyone has been to any of these hotels we would welcome your review of them!
Thank you for your help.

Sue x
we are going sun village in may it is actually still been built so their will be no reviews yet but it looks good.
I wrote one of the reviews on the Golden Dreams. The apartments were nice. The Summer Dreams complex is highly recommended too. It is a bigger complex than the Golden Dreams and the apartments have better furnishings, by all accounts. The Sunny Day apartments have also been recommended to me, by a friend who has stayed there. These can all be found in the Balkan brochure.

Hope this helps.

Yvonne :lol:
Just booked 3 rooms at the Golden Dreams complex for next August......have we done the right thing Yvonne??? :?
Golden Dreams is in a good location to the centre of Sunny Beach. Appts are bright and very good standard. The only things I didnt like were - 1) opposite a big club that is noisy. 2) The pool is shaded as the main building is such that the pool is east of it and as teh sun goes round the pool doesnt get much sun. Otherwise its very nice.

Stuart
Hi Kilty

I agree with Stuart regarding the shady pool and the noisy complex next door. The rooms facing the pool are subject to lound noise until 6am some nights. The rooms facing the street had no problem with noise.

The apartments are clean, spacious and have plenty of wardrobe space.

We spent most days at other hotel pools (Trakia Plaza and Laguna), both of which had slides for the kids. The other days we spent at the fantastic beach.

I'm sure you will have a great holiday. If you want to know anything else just ask & I will be glad to help.

Yvonne
Hi Yvonne,so many questions,you'll regret you asked!.....lol.....those other pools you used,dont they mind?..how far to the beach?....did you visit the water park,and if so....any good?.....places close by you recommend for eating?.....lastly for now....but being scottish probably most importantly.....best bars? :D ......sorry to fire so many questions at you Yvonne,but thanks in anticipation :)
Hi Kilty

Sorry for the delay in replying. Most hotels let you use their pools. You usually have to pay for the sunbeds & bollies. It is cheap. I think it was 6 levs each at the Trakia Plaza which is across the main road from the Golden Dreams. We also used the Laguna Park and never got asked to pay there although you were supposed to pay.

The fab beach is about 5-10 minutes walk away.

There is a complex of bars and restaurants next to the Golden Dreams. it is called Multiplace and I would give it a miss. I am also Scottish and got the distinct impression that foreigners were not welcome in the bars there. Some guests at Golden Dreams in their 40s were refused entry to the night club! Myself, hubby & 2 kids were grudgingly served in the Budda Bar and the waitress tried to keep my change (which was more that the round of drinks cost). There are plenty of other good bars around. Some trendy pubs with loud music, some with entertainment on.

I would recommend a trip to 'Southern Nights'. It is a restaurant about 5 minutes walk from the Golden Dreams (along the main road towards Nessebar). There is a show on every night which is good for adults & kids and the food is good too.

Our favourite restaurants are Djannys (in the market area) and the Condor (on the main road near the post office). Both offered excellent food and great value.

We didn't go to the water park as we were told that it wouldn't be great for our kids, aged 8 & 6, due to the height restrictions.

Hope this answers your questions. Let me know if you need to know anything else.

Yvonne
Thanks for that Yvonne,very usefull info!....sorry about the delay in responding but I'm sure once we get nearer to holiday time your ears will be sore with my requests for further info :? .....By the way,which holiday firm did u book with and was it your first time in sunny beach? thanks again :D
We booked with Balkan Holidays. It was our second time in Sunny Beach. We went in 2003 and stayed at the Sever/Yug(Polyusi) Hotel, whcih was good but the Golden dreams Apartments were better.

Going back to Bulgria next year, trying Sozopol for a change.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.