Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
The water park is in Naama Bay which is 15km away from Golden Resort and is called Cleopark. It is only 5/6 mths old, quite compact it has about 10 water slides,a wave pool , kids area and bars and snack bar. Its nice but not on the scale of spain or florida
Thanks for that.
Travel agent is under the impression that it is part of the hotel and is free, not the same if you have to travel to use a slide.
Don't let it put you off the Golden Resort is still a very nice hotel.
Really wanted somewhere with waterslides to entertain the kids throughout the day. June next year around the £2000 mark.
Try the Hauza that has waterslides so does the Sunrise Island View
I to have looked at this for next year and was told that the golden resort are building there own waterpark - hence the artist impressions. The waterpark in Sharm is nothing like the artist impression. I have been put off booking thus far because it is not yet built.
The Golden Resort are building a big extension but this is Egypt, deadlines and timescales for these things, in my experience have to be taken with a large pinch of salt!
hope this will help :)

not been back long, went to this hotel at the begining of Oct, got to say we thought it was lovely.
staff great
rooms very big and very clean
two good size pools, plenty of sunbeds
plenty of bars to pick from
you also have the use of the sister hotel and the disco.

the waterpark is being built at the moment on site it will have 12 slides for adults and 16 slides for children They say it will be open for May 07.It will also house the family rooms (with 2 rooms and 2 bathrooms) in this section.

we will be keen to go back late next year to see how it turned out.
If your not with children and dont want to be near the waterpark tell your agent to put a note on your booking. This is what reception told us to do when we re-book.
just back from the golden resort snd cannot see this aqua park being up and running in time for may espeically seeing how long it seems to take buildings to be finished in egypt, just look at new airport building,,,,,,,,,,,,
Considering this hotel for April 07. I can accept that the Aqua Park will not be ready by the time we go, but am wondering if anyone can comment if the building of it is likely to disrupt the holiday, or is it so far from the hotel that it wont really bother us. (managed to put up with the Crowne Plaza's buliding works this year as it was so far from the main part of hotel it was not an issue) :thanks to anyone who replies.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.