Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
We use Louis hotels and always go all-inclusive for our summer holiday. We haven't been to this one but it looks nice and I've heard good things about it except that it is quite isolated : Louis Creta Princess
Thanks Lisaeugene

Will get my friend to look into this anyone else have any other sugestions

Carol
Brian

Thanks for that will pass onto my friend and get her too look into it.

Carol
Hi, there is one thing I would like to point out with AI in the med wether it be Greece/Spain or any of the others, most of them seem like good value till you get there. The beer is almost bound to be watered down that you cannot get drunk even if you tried for a week, the Spirits taste like @@@@
if you are lucky. Food well if you can eat Burgers and more Burgers then fine!
It all comes down to one thing with AI in my view pay as much as you can and not as cheap as you can get, because when you think say for a half right H B hotel you pay around £500 to £600 some of these AIs only charge about the same so they have to cut back some where and it has to be the food and drink.

Food for thought
Dave
But like you say realholidaymaker, if an all-inclusive charges the same as a half-board you are very likely going to get sub-standard service/food/drinks. When we've been we pay £1200 each so the difference is going to be vast.
Hi - we are looking at booking AI in Crete this year - check out the reviews of the Iberostar Hotels. We stayed at an Iberostar on Kos last year and the food, rooms, pool areas etc. were excellent. Also there are some good deals available if you book flights and accommodation separately (we alway hire a car as generally cheap and great for avoiding hassles of transfers and queues at airports) - especially if you have kids under 12 as many hotels don't charge very much for them, if anything, so you only have to find their flights. Hope this helps !
try the iberostar panarama in crete
realholidaymaker we have been all inclusive a couple of times in the med and food and drink has been great both times, maybe we have been lucky but always read rviews on this and other sites before we book. We generally pay about 2 thousand for fortnight, 2 adults and 2 kids, in fact we are going to benidorm in 2 weeks, can't wait.
I have to say that my wife and I have been AI in both Greece and Spain a number of times, always for a week towards the end of the season for some last minute sun.

We have always booked last minute, well 2 weeks prior to the trip, through either teletext or phoning directly to some where like phone&fly.

We only ever go for a 4* or higher hotel. We get the name of the resort before we agree to the trip and always check it here first.

We have always had a wonderful time and the food and drink has always been superb. Yes you get burgers etc from the pool side bar but the restaraunts have always had a brilliant selection of food at every meal time and always prepared to an excellent standard.

Drink can vary depending on where you go and usually they are "local" variants of popular drinks. However, that is not always the case...and to be honest we like our drink and have never had the problem with quality.

Pretty sure you can get a vast difference between hotels and prices but the most we have paid to date is around £320 each, including taxes.

We would never consider going anything but AI for this type of holiday now.
Hi Just come back from the Royal Belvedere in Hersonissas Crete. Hotel was great. We had a fantastic holiday. The only problem was the hill leading up to the hotel. But that wouldn't put us off going again.
You could try the iberostar Mirabello Village(I think that's the correct name) near Ag Nik, we noticed it on the Iberostar website, it is a totally refurbished Hotel with the option of HB or AI (don't quite know how that will work out!) but it sounds lovely, we are going to go next year I think. I agree with some of the other comments about AI in fact we haven't tried AI yet - I'm a bit reluctant about losing food quality.

J
I am going to the Iberostar Mirabello in Crete in September. We are going HB but the reviews on AI are really good. Check out Trip Advisor for reviews.
Try Iberostar Creta Mare (Rethymnon)- also good reviews.
You can read our reviews of hotels in Crete here:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/greece/crete/

HTH

luci :wave
Hotel Blue Sea in Stallis, great hotel great town.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.