Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Thanks. The Royal hotel is £497 each which I guess isn't too bad and it sounds nice. We'd love the WOW hotel but thats about £2K for both of us!

Even the Royal has some iffy reviews. Is it really a case of spending so much money to get a decent hotel or are prices a bit inflated at this time of year?
You defintely need to spend a reasonable amount to get a decent hotel and £497 for two weeks isn't too bad for AI, it is just £35 day for your accomodation and all your food and drinks. If you go for a cheaper hotel you wont get very good quality food and it can be very repetitive. the quality of the accomodatin wont be as good either.

I would certainly say if you definitely want AI then Royal Asarlik is probably the best bet for a decent hotel at a reasonable price. I think everywhere has it's share of bad reviews but if most of them are good then I think you should be ok, it's just when he majority are bad that you have to start worrying. I have been in the Royal Asarlik and it is a nice hotel.

If you go for something cheaper you may be dissapointed and if the food is bad then you may end up spending more going out to eat elsewhere.

If you want to know anything else about the area please feel free to ask.

Kedi
I've been searching and some places charge £800 for 2 weeks at the Royal Arslik. Not sure whether to hold out and see if prices fall, I always bag a good deal on New Years Eve but not sure if the same could happen this year.
Kadikale Resort sounds very nice. Sort of tossing between the two now and finding the best deal for either. We already booked flights for £140 each with Aegean.
I ended up booking Kakidale Resort and Spa, £891 for 2 weeks AI. Some sites have it for £1.5K +!
i would avoid tha hotel royal palm area hotel in gumbet, the only bad holiday i have ever had in turkey, and ive been 27 times.

read my hotel review

regards
marnie
Thanks for the advice, but all booked up now :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.