Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
hi ya fat possum
what area are you looking for :sun2
Hiya

Looked at the script you have given, short but sweet, and I would think you want somewhere that is not isolated, something to do outside the hotel, (if you choose to venture out) and good quality and value for your pennies......yes?

So, I would say choose flying into Dalaman, and look at Fethiye, or Olu Deniz.
The Letoonia Resort in Fethiye has undergone a lot of improvemnets over the winter, is a superb hotel, brilliant location, on its own peninsula, excellent eating areas, al fresco and indoors, good entertainment, pedeloes, kayaks, and wind surfing included in package. Good animation team for kids, 3 a la carte restaurants, and, .....wait for it........water slides not only in the pools, but into the sea too.....Happy Days.
There are some deals for this hotel at the moment, my daughter has just booked for her and her boyfriend and got it very reasonable. Have a look at Thomas Cook, Direct Holidays, Hotels4U and also the co op have deals at the minute where if you find a holiday even off the internet, take the price in, and they will price match....so get looking.

Olu Deniz, there is the Noa Sun City, not as higher standard as the Letoonia, but the management has changed, and it is getting good reviews, I know there are a lot more people on here who would agree, that for the money it is a good little hotel.
There are places to visit from Fethiye and Olu, a good Dolmus service can take you to lovely little beaches, and it is a glorious place to holiday.

Or, fly into Bodrum. You could try Turgutreis, Torba, or Gumbet, even Kadikalesi (10 minutes dolmus ride outside Turgutreis) there are some excellent AI hotels on the peninsula, have a look at the La Blanche or Aegean Dreams in Turgutreis, The Kadikale or Yelken Resort Hotels on the outskirts of Turgutreis.
It is a fantastic town, gets busy, but not in your face, good beach, although quite narrow in places, very very clean. Excellent Saturday market which is brilliant. Good little bars and cafes to wander into, a really excellent harbour to take a boat trip from and the friendliest of people.
The above 4 hotels all have family rooms, they all have good facilities for kids, private beach areas, slides into the pools, in good location to either walk into Turgutreis, or take the Dolmus for the short ride for a few pennies. Well priced too, and they are all worth a look.
Any of the above can be booked through Thomsons, First Choice or Thomas Cook, again look at the DIY options.

Torba, again on the Peninsula, offers the Voyage Torba, which is an amazing hotel, I would ask you to take a look at this one, also the Club Izer, both have their own beach area, the Izer is a smaller hotel, and is down a little off road, but once through those gates it is a different world, little apartments with french windows, 2 pools, a sun terrace and it is a short walk into the town to one of the bars of little cafes, it offers limited entertainment, but has 2 a la cartes and a wonderful sun terrace, but, the price could be right.

Gumbet has the WOW (world of wonder hotel) but, I think this one may just be too expensive for July, but,a brilliant hotel, and lots to do, maybe you could look at it, and price up anyway, I think the only problem here would be the family rooms?????????????but, check and see.

All the above are only a short trip into Bodrum where you can spend the day looking round the harbour and shops, although it is quite expensive.Turgutreis market is where you should spend your money, lots of bargains there.........lol

I would also recommend flying into Antalya and looking at the hotels in Side or Belek, although, the Belek ones are slightly more up market, Belek is the Golf resort in Turkey, and the hotels reflect this, lots of luxury, so, Side your better bet, have a look at the Alba range of hotels or the Sentido Perissia.

Just a few for you to research and price up, Turkey is a wonderful place and we go nowhere else, just read all reviews, sort out your destination, and should you need anymore help, then get yourself back on here and we will see what we can do.................

Take care.
Hi. Maverick 57 uk
We are open to suggestions. As long as there are some forms of life outside of the hotel. We like a walk in the evening and a browse round the shops. :wave:
Hi Triflebum
Thanks for the suggestions, I will have a look. Since I last wrote I have since found a holiday at £59k for the 4 of us, who do these companies think can afford to pay that sort of money? If we could afford that we would certainly be looking for something a bit more special. Anyway thanks again, I will keep researching and trawling when I get the chance.
hi fat possum
have a look at the video's on my website this is of hisaronu / olu deniz area and local things to do, olu deniz is great with some fantastic hotels and with a short dolmus ride you have hisaronu and ovacik then the main town of fethiye, lots of shops, bars restaurants and really friendly people not to mention the stunning views
:sun2
please use my website for any information you need
Hiya fatpossum, I am having trouble understanding your last post. You wrote

Since I last wrote I have since found a holiday at £59k for the 4 of us, who do these companies think can afford to pay that sort of money?

Are you really saying that they wanted £59,000 for a holiday - are you sure you weren't buying the hotel? :que

JAK xx
Maybe possum means 5.9 K . :) That wouldnt surprise me at all this year if we are talking a decent hotel over school holiday time .
YES, it was £59000 for the 4 of us. I am finding that even for a reasonable hotel with relatively good Holiday Truth reviews we are still looking at approx £4k. My daughter is desperate for the hotel to have waterslides and I am trying to get one within our budget. We are not looking for Buckingham Palace, but equally, we still expect that if we spend that amount of money we want it to be as close to our expectations as possible.
Thanks for your comments.
Fat Possum
Fat possum,

It seems that you have included an extra 'zero' again!
Prices have shot up this year and the T/O seem to be wanting £1000 per adult even for meadocre (sorry spelling :oops: ) A/I hotels.

Can I suggest you look at the cub sun city in Olu deniz as Triflebum has mentioned above .It doesnt have waterslides but It's a good quality A/i .OK not luxury but a decent standard and food is pretty good . it's right in the centre of Olu Deniz so you have all the shops, bars etc of the lovely resort on your doorstep . That in itself is difficult to find if you want to stay A/I .
It's widely available with T/Os or to do on a DIY basis so is usually more competetive in price .

The Aegean dream resort in turgetreis again mentioned by TB above does have waterslides and watersports included as A/I . We did that on a DIY basis and got a good price with Thomson on an accomodation only basis and flights with Onur . Short stroll into town .

lyn
The prices have shot up this year, and you really have to look and go into the whole thing like a campaign.....the hotels that have been mentioned are all wonderful places, and you would enjoy, I would highly recommend the La Blanche, Aegean Dreams, both in Treis, you could look at the Kevensaray Resort Hotel too, some brochures say Torba, some say Bodrum, but either it is the same hotel, absolutely everything that you could want, and a short transfer from the airport (30 minutes) ish...............The Rixos next door sometimes do a good deal, but again, its' prices have shot up, but, it is a wonderful hotel,
Have a look at the Co operative travel agents, they are doing selected holidays 2 weeks for the price of one, also doing price matches, so maybe worth a look???????????

Let us all know how you go on, but, Turkey although far more expensive than last year, is still, pound for pound a good deal, and the service you get once your pennies are paid, is second to none.

Good luck.
jakki
am i reading this right £59,000 for a holiday , could be a lottery winner what do you think.
I have the Thomas Cook Turkey brochure and found a nice hotel which is £6379 each for 3 adults sharing. :yikes
Its the Lykia World Antalya near Belek.
The £59,000 quoted must be the Mardan Palace. :que
Well the prices talked here is really high:) I live in Ãâ€ΕΎÃ‚°stanbul and when i do a search for a 5 star, all included hotel near a popular tourism point in Antalya called "Kemer" is costing around 100 Euros total for a double room.This is the price for Turkish people so compare the prices just to have an idea..
Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to reply to me. After hours and hours of researching and price matching I have booked to go to Sentido Perissia near Side. The price was £3400 for the 4 of us, so that was not too bad, although it is probably a bit more isolated than I would have liked, but trying to get somewhere that ticked all the boxes and was in our price bracket was impossible. Anyway thanks again and I hope you all have a great summer
I wouldn't say that that hotel is too isolated. There are certainly a few bars within walking distance if you want to get out and about.
The Sentido Perissia is great hotel , you won't be disappointed.
But it is not the best place for a pub crawl . I can only remember a couple of bars within a reasonable walk. Neither of them good enough to buy a drink in .
They have to compete against the free alcohol in the Perissia.

Better bet is a walk along the sand , back to the Perissia , and a taste of the 'cocktail of the day'
Hi there

Glad you have got a hotel sorted, and the Perissia is a fabulous place.

You can either walk along the beach into Side town or in the opposite direction to Kumkoy, where there are some lovely little bars and shops to look round, and very friendly people too.

The hotel rooms are lovely, very tastefully decorated, and should you want robes, just ask,........ the reception will provide them, very nice after a shower to sit on the balcony wrapped in a soft white robe, drink in hand and chill for a while......Mmmmmmmmmmmm

The outdoor Bar B Q restaurant on the beach is brilliant for lunch, and the Turkish a la carte is a must....too much grub, but hey, it's your holiday so party on people.

I know you will enjoy your holiday here, we loved it.

Looking forward to your review.

Take care
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.