UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Not happy with this post as the link to a website has been remove, thus causing the post to make no sense at all. I have just found out that as a new member I have not reached the required number of posts to allow links. This is a strange rule. Can anyone tell me how many posts I need to do before links will be accepted?
Hi,

I am afraid it wasn't me that removed the link. However, joining the forum and immediately posting links to other sites can be interpreted as a little spammy. Its nothing personnel, we are just stopping the forum from being used a platform to promote other sites/content.

Thanks for understanding.

Chris
Camber?
Rye?
Broadstairs?
Margate?

Intriguied.com here.. I don't want links just some clue WHERE you are trying to hint at (Not interested in what company you are trying to flog)
Dover, ?
Folkestone , ?
Dungeness , ?
Isle of Sheppey , ?

I guess not !!
Poole is very nice ,but my parents favourite place was Swanage , we have a brass plaque on Swanage pier In memory of my dad . I remember many holidays in that area as a child , and it was sunny !!
Travelmaster wrote:
Not happy with this post as the link to a website has been remove, thus causing the post to make no sense at all. I have just found out that as a new member I have not reached the required number of posts to allow links. This is a strange rule. Can anyone tell me how many posts I need to do before links will be accepted?

It was me who removed the link in your post(s).

Your first two posts, which were awaiting approval, contained a link to the same website. This would normally result in neither posts being allowed as they can appear to be spam, however, I removed the links and allowed your posts.

The content did make sense to me, however, I now realise that the title, which I didn't notice, does not, so please accept my apologies for my oversight. Would you like me to alter the title for you?
Lyme Regis and Budleigh Salterton, two smaller places with character
Glynis HT Admin wrote:
Travelmaster wrote:

Your first two posts, which were awaiting approval, contained a link to the same website. This would normally result in neither posts being allowed as they can appear to be spam, however, I removed the links and allowed your posts.

The content did make sense to me, however, I now realise that the title, which I didn't notice, does not, so please accept my apologies for my oversight. Would you like me to alter the title for you?

Yes. If you could remove the word "two" from the title, it would be less misleading.
Travelmaster wrote:
Glynis HT Admin wrote:
Travelmaster wrote:

Yes. If you could remove the word "two" from the title, it would be less misleading.

Done.
Camber Sands was a favorite of mine when my son was young, mainly because of the wonderful stretch of beach, and then it never used to have loads of loads of amusement arcades - I think there are a few now, although the beach is still lovely.

Did the OP have two particular places in mind in the SE that they liked, can you not explain in your post please?
He has named them in a later post, the two places are Bournemouth and Poole.
I ended up in Budleigh Saulterton in September, it was lovely. I say ended up as I let someone else book a stopover in South Devon, and the one they first phoned up was booked up and they referred us to a relative.

Lovely place.
There is a tea room called Tea and Titttle Tattle that does a proper cream tea in Budleigh, not to be missed
That sounds lovely.

I can't really think of any amusements in Camber. there used to be near Pontins that was open to the public, bt that's about it. There used to be some near the main carpark there, used to be, but they got knocked down.
Tarry I meant the amusement arcades if I remember there were some near the car park that also had a fish and chippy and I thought later another one cam a bit further down
I guess he did not want to stay after not being allowed to spam links ))
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.