Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Greece 2006
6 Posts
I think maybe you should give Kefalonia a go it's got nice safe beaches
a few bars and restaurants and it's very pretty.Can't say about hotels
we just stayed in a apartment.
Rick.
I recommend Rhodes, (Going in 3 weeks ourselves ) and for a hotel Rhodos Royal which is a 4 star and is in the Thomson Platinum brochure ( this is where we are going back to). It's at Kalithea, which is about 7 or 8 km outside of Rhodes Town. There are beautiful beaches there and a water park is very close to hand, which I'm sure Natasha would enjoy. It's a quiet resort with no louts. There are a few bars, but all is very low key. You will enjoy a few nights out in Rhodes Old Town.
Another Rhodes resort that's extremely popular with families is Pefkos. Located just south of Lindos on the east coast - good beaches and a few restaurants and bars but all very low key as it caters more to families and older couples.
Pefki Islands is an extremely popular self catering accommodation or have a look at Lindian Thalassa if you're looking for a good hotel. If you're a fan of all-inclusive you'll find a couple of hotels just south of the resort in Kiotari.
Thanks Rick, Tom and Marcushda72. Your replies are noted and brochure currently in hand. TTFN
I think Zakynthos (zante) is excellent for families. If you go to Zante tho, go to Tsilivi (pronounced Sillyvee). It is absolutely brilliant there and people who go return there again and again year in year out. We have just come back from our 6th visit there and had yet again a wonderful time. The locals are so friendly in Tsilivi and there are lots of lovely places to eat and drink. The beach is also a blue flag one and the water is so warm and shallow. It's heaven. You will be able to check Tsilivi out by going to http://www.justzante.com
good luck in finding a holiday.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.