Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
We have always enjoyed our holidays to Greece, our first holiday to Greece was to Laganas in Zakynthos, before it became a party town might I add :D

We went to a lovely restaurant (The Akropolis) just out of town slightly and there happened to be a Greek couple getting married and they insisted we joined them for the evening, this was so typical of the friendliness of the Greeks.

We love Parga and have been many times but not for a few years, Paxos is a lovely little island which is perfect for a quiet and relaxing holiday.

Cyprus in my opinion had the least feel of being in a part of Greece and not for me I am afraid. Corfu we quite enjoyed when we stayed in Kassiopi.

Athens was great with so much to see and visit, a great destination for a city break, it would be nice if one of the low cost airlines was to reintroduce flight to there from Scotland.

Next on our list is a trip to Symi, we have actually booked to go there twice, on the first occasion our holiday fell through because of the failure of XL airways and the second time the holliday company collapsed, perhaps it will be third time lucky possibly next :D

I think Lindos on Rhodes looks a lovely place with all the little whitewashed buildings and narrow streets.

Yep I can feel a return to Greece is definitely on the cards.

Graham
Symi does look lovely Graham I remember researching it for a friend of mine years ago :tup

Sarah (ex HT Admin) is a great lover of Zante & still goes there for her hols.

Many years ago I visited Mykonos, Crete & Corfu, happy memories :sun2
I loved Lindos. It is just as pretty as the photos. We stayed at the top and had a pool. We didn't go to the beach. We always ventured into the village for lunch. It is obviously busy with paratroopers but a lot less hectic at night.
It is obviously busy with paratroopers but a lot less hectic at night.

Eh were you there during the war Fiona :rofl
:swear kindle fire predictive text strikes again! I did actually type daytrippers :rofl

Ps this time it would have been changed to strippers! Prefer the first one as it did seem like an invasion at times!
We are off to Zakynthos next thursday and hopefully going to Kephalonia in september, been lucky enough to get to several greek islands and have enjoyed everyone. :)
Where about in Zakynthos are you going to? We used to go Tsilivi every year. Its been some time since we have been though and I wonder how much it has changed. The beach can't change though- it was beautiful. :)
The only place we've been to is Thessaloniki which we really liked , oh we've been to Cyprus twice too !!! It really is a place we would like to visit and I'm sure we will in future years , I had quite a good look at Skiathos , if you look on YouTube at Skiathos airport there are some " interesting " clips !!! And the island looked really nice and had good types of accommodation to choose from too , I'm still quite intrigued about it so will look more closely at booking next year to go there .
Hi Fiona We are staying at the Plessas palace hotel in Alykanas, great place to stay, very friendly.
we have been to corfu and athens, the last 7 years we have been to kalamaki in zante but this year decided on a change of islands and going to pefkos in rhodes
I like the look of Plessas Palace and the price is really good. I when I last went to Zante, Alykanas was a really quiet place- is it still the same?
Pefkos is somewhere we looked at as its close to Lindos which is great for nights but has a lovely beach. If I can persuade OH to stop going long haul I would definitely choose there
Off to Rhodes on Saturday - never been before so looking forward to it.
I hope you enjoy it Denny :tup which resort are you staying at?
We are staying in Kolumbia and going next year to Pefkos/ Lindos for a friends wedding
been to zante (argassi) and crete (stalis) in the past and both were fantastic locations. were staying at sun palace in faliraki for 2 weeks starting 18th june and hope this is as good as they were :)
We've loved every holiday we've had in Greece, and can't really say we noticed any big hike in prices. We're off to Thassos for a fortnight in August and we think we had a great bargain when we booked last year. The same holiday is now over £400 more
Were going to Roda in Corfu in June. A staying at the Mitsis Roda beach resort. We wouldn't normally go to a resort likely to be full of children, but we are going with our extended family, including grandchildren aged 6 and 9. We've never been to Greece before, I hope we like it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.