Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Glad you having a good time :sun2

Ouch re the mozzies. :(
I was VERY jealous .......til I got to the mossie news :rofl
The continuous rain doesn't seem QUITE so bad now!!
The mossies were are real menace when we were there last month.
Despite using all the recommended lotions and potions I got bit over 20 times on each leg despite wearing tights, :rofl :rofl
After that I wore long trousers every night.
We have been 4 times in December and this was the first time we have been bothered with mosquitoes.
Still better than the cold and rain though, :tup
Arrived home safely, although that was the WORST take off ever, I honestly thought the plane was going down as I think did everybody else,even the normally composed cabin crew didn't look happy, at least I didn't scream as soo many did, I was to busy trying not to poop myself :D

Does anybody else come home after 2 weeks away to find 2679 emails in their inbox :que

At least it is sunny and dry, blimey it is cold though :(
Kiltman HT Mod wrote:

Does anybody else come home after 2 weeks away to find 2679 emails in their inbox :que

At least it is sunny and dry, blimey it is cold though :(

When I was a working man, once came home from two weeks hols. to find ~ 500 emails in the inbox;many of them had large attachments,some were so big that one of the later emails was from our systems administrator warning me that they were going to delete my Inbox cos it was clogging up the email server :rofl

As to hairy takeoffs -Many years ago, went on holiday to Tenerife flying from Luton. We were routed via Cardiff to pick up passengers and at that time,the runway in Cardiff hadn't been extended -the pilot did a full power take off, went up extremely steeply (for those days!!) and a trolley broke loose in the galley with a very loud crash!! When the seatbelt lights went out,half the plane headed for the loos whilst the other half lit up :rofl
When the seatbelt lights went out,half the plane headed for the loos

They would have had a long wait on that flight, almost 50 minutes before the seatbelt sign went off and even then almost everybody just stayed strapped in :(

By the time we were leaving Sharm it appeared to be getting a bit busier with a lot more tourists arriving, the pool area was noticeably busier, our hotel is actual 2 hotels, the Tropicana Rosetta and the Jasmine, the dinning room in the Rosetta had been closed due to it being so quiet however they were getting ready to re-open it gain, while gassing us at the same time.

We had been sitting in the evening talking to another couple in the Lobby bar and the dinning room is below that area and has a large open well that you can look down in to it, anyway we were sitting there and noticed a bit of a strange smell then Mrs. Kiltie started coughing then followed by me coughing, then the couple we were talking to started coughing then in a very short time everybody was coughing and had to leave.

I went and reported it to reception and he said it was OK as they were only spraying pesticide in the dinning room and it was fine :yikes once he started coughing too he then got it stopped.

I made a complaint to the rep the next morning, however I would love to know what the heck we had all just been exposed to and inhaled as it was some form of irritant and probably not good for us.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.