General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi,friends had arranged to come on holiday with us and just before we were due to go had to cancel,as we had booked two hotel rooms it didn't cost us anything at all,not sure that it would have been the same if we had all planned to stay in a large apartment or villa.Under occupancy charges may have been applied,as your tour operator has said there won't be any extra charges I would think you'll be okay.T.
Hi purplerainbows1961 and welcome to HT.

Could you please refrain from typing in ALL CAPS.

Many thanks

MarkJ HT Mod
thank,s oscarben...sorry markj will do ,as you have probably guessed i,m not that clever with a comp.regards purplerainbows1961... ;)
Purple, don't worry - it would only be a problem if you were sharing accommodation as explained above. You would not be responsible for coughing up the rest of their money.

Best let them know the date they need to pay by and explain if they haven't got the money at that point their holiday gets cancelled and they lose their deposit - and they can't just hand the money over at a later date if they manage to get it together a couple of weeks later or something.
Also just check that it was a 'FULL' deposit paid as sometimes they have offers where you pay only £50 and then in small print it actually says if the holiday is cancelled then the full deposit will have to be paid! Although I don't know if this would be their resposibility and not yours being the lead name!
Nearly all of these £50 deposits are not actually deposits at all!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.