Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
The places we like in Gumbet are Chinatown, Cheers, Turkish Delight and Planet Yucca. Prices pretty good and good size portions (we like to eat!!). There are plenty of good boat trips from Gumbet, on offer all over town. Great for chilling and we've always enjoyed the food on offer (basic but good). Prices for boat trips good but usually drinks extra. We fly out on 1 June for a week (and then go back in September for a fortnight) and can't wait. Cheers restaurant is also good for an evening out - no entertainment but the people in there are great (including us - laugh!!). Hope you have a great time, I know that we will.
cany wait work
o.t no day off
beer gumbet roll on 8 weeks mmmm
p.s have 2 try cheers and others u said cheers :) lol get it cheers soz

*Edit please do not post in phone text Briar
Hi there, why not take a walk up the street towards Bodrum and try some of the Turkish Restaurants. They're really great.
sounds good have you tried any in that direction ????????
Sure, as you walk up the road towards the Highway and Bodrum, once you leave the bars and restaurants of Gumbet behind, keep walking on the right is a tiny restaurant, about room for 4 or 5 tables outside, called Konya Nergiz. Very good traditional food, and very cheap. In fact you might just get a beer in there, it's one of the few Turkish Restaurants that serves beer.
Directly across the road is the area where the Sunday Gumbet Market is held.
Continue on and on the left hand side there is a restaurant called Gozde and further up on the same side 01 Adana, which is the most expensive.
Either of these has great food - enjoy. And there is always someone who speaks English in each of them.
We love Cafe Columbia, best steaks EVER!!!!! Bombay Cottage is still there and they still do the all you can eat buffet, the food is pretty good, best Indian food I've eaten out of the UK! Planet Yucca is good food too.

I like the sound of those Turkish restaurants, think we'll go and check them out when we are there in July....
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.