General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Tootsie I can't give you a personal recommendation but I have read this in the suncreams post
I did last year use their Suncare Hair Protection spray- it stops the sun and sea/pool water from drying your hair out and protects the colour. I must say it is a really great product as my hair (which can go quite dry) stayed very soft as if i'd just washed it! I will definitely be investing in some for my next holiday!!

This is a boots product.
HTH
Marie
Toots, I would give the Suncare Hair Protection spray a try. If that doesn't work, how about wearing a large hat, maybe a sombrero, to give protection from the sun. :wink:

Robby :wink:
Robbyw
Where have your 'uplifting' amusing posts gone??? :shrug :shrug

Marie
Slap a load of conditioner on every morning and wear a light-coloured bandana to protect your hair (and the top of your head) from the sun.
I might try that Boots No7 spray on my daughter this year, she's started having highlights now she's a teenager and her hair gets quite brittle and frizzy if I don't keep an eye on her looking after it. On holiday she's never out of the pool and always comes home with hair like hay :(
The Boots No7 spray is on BOGOF at present. It's a bit expensive at 5.50p :shock: but when you get 2 somehow it doesn't seem so bad.
Not tried it yet though. :D
We have used the Boots spray for quite a few years, started getting it for hubby who needed protection for his head as his hair is very short, and now use it on Katie as well, she doesn`t have highlights as she is too yound but she has really long hair and spends all her holidays in the pool, it protects her head as she does not like to wear a hat when swimming and it also stops her hair from drying out. Did`nt know it was a BOGOF in Boots will go and get some this week.
Thank you for the replies everyone, Im going to go for the Boots spray, it sounds as if it does the job!!!!

And a sombrero of course Robby :lol: :lol:
Hi Katiesmum

I know from your posts that you go to Egypt which is where I'm going in a few weeks. Did you use it when Katie went in the red sea snorkelling, etc or just in the pool. I'm assuming its OK for the sea as well, as I imagine that is where my two will spend alot of their time?
Sounds like something I should buy.My last years cruise photos look as if I had a permanent bad hair day :lol: The sun and sea air did nothing for my coloured/hilighted hair despite taking deep conditioner instead of ordinary conditioner. Just one question..is it a No. 7 range or bog standard boots range?
Hi doepsmc, I tended to use it on Katie every day whether in the pool or the sea. What I tend to do is comb conditioner thru her hair and plait it then spray the Boots head spray all over her hair and head and then I tend to re-do the Boots spray late morning and middle afternoon. She hates to wear hats in the water and spends most of her holiday under water!! Hubby tends to spray about 3 times a day. I seems to protect the head and the hair. (Can leave the hair slightly greasy, but as hair gets washed every evening doesn`t matter)

I think it is Boots Soltan range. Don`t really take much notice as I get it every year.
Oh! The one that I have bought is the Boots NO7 range not Boots Soltan, and its the NO7 one that is on BOGOF (at least it was last week) so I hope I haven't mislead you.

I think I will do the same as you do with conditioner and then the spray for my daughter, only the ends of her hair are dry as it is. Might try and persuade my OH to use it as well to protect his head. Should be good for Turkey as well as our Easter holiday. :D
Hi get a big brown paper bag and put it over your head.
Cut out the usual holes in the appropriate places,
and don't take it of for the length of your stay.
Sorted

:rofl

SORRY JUST KIDDING
couldn't resist
kmba, well it would be cheaper!!!

doepsmc, don`t think it is a NO 7 range, but would know when I go into boots and see it, the one we get is normally on some kind of offer, we don`t go for 7 weeks so will have a look next time I pop into town. When do you need it by?
I go in 2 weeks, are you going at half-term? I've bought mine already it's definately Boots No7 range, i've just run upstairs to check. It must be a different one from the one you use for Katie.

There are a lot of No7 suncare products. I'll let you know if it's any good.

kmba
Am now considering paperbag idea for OH to save spray for me and daughter. :rofl
I bought the Boots No7 one today. It was BOGOF and it's called "No7 Glossy Locks Hair Spritz" - it's in the No7 Sun Protection range (not Soltan) and is £5.50 a bottle (but works out £2.75 a bottle if you get it on BOGOF)
We're off to Gran Canaria in 12 days, with daughter's newly-highlighted hair, so I'll give it a go and let you know how we go on with it :wink:
doepsmc and cyberspacekadette, I hope you both have wonderful holidays. Look forward to hearing how you get on with the `spray`.

Thing I will invest in the paperbag for hubby!! sounds like a good idea. anything to save a few pence (more spends for Katie and I)
Hey all

It is definitly No7- I'm a frequent user, the stuff is magic!! I've just bought a bottle for my hols next month and as it was BOGOF I got the pre-holiday scrub (also £5.50), this is also a really good product.

I think the offer doesnt end until June. Was speaking to a member of the No7 staff in my local store and she said that ALL No7 products have at least a 2 year shelf life on them so I will stock up at the end of summer (got some No7 F15 sunspray at the end of last summer for £1.57!!)
Thanks so much everyone, youve been really helpful :D
Hi missuslady

Does that mean you can mix and match the No7 BOGOF's?
i.e. Get the hair protection spray and something else that costs the same?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.