Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I've not had any problems taking liquids in the clear bag on the 4 flights I've done since November last year. I think that the people being hit the most are parents with babies or young children. I've heard of parents with young children having problems taking juice through security for them even when they've been prepared to taste it.

The one thing I would welcome and which David said might be considered is relaxing the 1 bag per person rule to allow laptops in own case as well as hand luggage or ladies handbag as well as main bag. Any idea on when that is likely to happen?
Can you take hair straightners in your hand luggage? I really dont want to put my ghd's in the hold :?
Yes I always put my straightners in my hand luggage :D

Wish you could have more than one clear bag though :?
Is it only the UK that has the one bag rule? When I fly from Germany I can have a handbag and cabin bag.
Hi Judith .. according to the DfT, the hand luggage restrictions outlined in this topic (particularly in relation to liquids) apply at airports throughout the EU.

However, it is important to check the websites of the individual airports concerned as some local variations may apply, such as to maximum permitted baggage dimensions, as is the case at some UK airports.

And as you suggest, some EU airports may not impose any restrictions on either the dimensions or the number of pieces of hand baggage.

David :wave
Help......

I wear disposable contact lenses, which come individually sealed and arein a few mls of liquid..

Will they need to go in my hold baggage???? I dont want ot risk confiscation and wear glasses for a week as I will be taking 10 lenses for each eye.
they will let you put one pair int o your handluggage bag for your flight
Hi, a bit of an urgent request for help please.
I`ve read what i`m allowed/not allowed to take in hand luggage but....
has anyone took a childrens game console (game boy advance) through as hand luggage?
I fly at 7 am tomorrow and my boys have just told me they want to take theirs on the plane :?
It does say laptops etc... can be taken through and the GBA`s are not electrical so i think it would be ok but just want to make sure.

Also, i wanted to make the boys a sandwich for on the plane (they don`t like the plane food) i know i can take them on board but what with the restrictions and the new foot and mouth outbreak i`m wondering can i put ham in them??? or should i just stick to jam or something similar?
loulou yes you can take them on as long as they are not playedw ith during take off and landing .
Hi David (MOD)

I have read about the restrictions for electrical items, it says large items such as a large hairdryer, but what about a travel kettle and iron. I am sure these went into my suitcase last year.

I also read about medication, I take 3 tablets daily and need to take a supply of these. I will not need them on the actual journey so should I still carry them in my hand luggage?

The information given does not cover specific questions such as these and I obviously want to make sure I get them right!

Many thanks
It is best to put all electrical in the hold - saves valuable space and weight in hand luggage.

With regard to medication it is advisable to put it in the hand luggage just in case your suitcase should go astray.

Pippa
Hi tipsyletti ...

Hi David (MOD)

I have read about the restrictions for electrical items, it says large items such as a large hairdryer, but what about a travel kettle and iron. I am sure these went into my suitcase last year.

I also read about medication, I take 3 tablets daily and need to take a supply of these. I will not need them on the actual journey so should I still carry them in my hand luggage?

The information given does not cover specific questions such as these and I obviously want to make sure I get them right!

Many thanks

The current hand luggage restrictions apply primarily to the size of the baggage, and to any liquid or liquid related products. Electrical items can be placed in hand luggage or hold luggage. If placed in hand luggage, they may have to be removed at security checks for separate screening. Medication in tablet form is unaffected by current restrictions and can be placed in either hand or hold luggage. As Pippa suggests, I would place electrical items in hold luggage (unless particularly valuable or fragile) and medication in hand luggage.

Many thanks for your replies. :kiss

I can now think of starting to pack without any worries when I arrive at the airport :fly

:wave
Does anybody know whether you can still carry your boomboxes on board. I just want to make sure.. with all this hand luggage thingy going on want to be on the safe side.

Im flying from newcastle.
KiRsTyC ... you are allowed only one piece of hand luggage through airport security checks. That piece of hand luggage may contain your boom box, or it may actually be your boom box, providing that it does not exceed the weights and dimensions currently permitted by the airline and airports that you are travelling from. If in any doubt, check the airline and airport websites concerned.

this might sound silly but dose anyone know if you can take a cross stich on board just with it havinf a neddle i it am not sure only my friend has asked me to ask thanx for any replies.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.