Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
andy66 wrote:
I would agree with the answer from Darren. , but there is also a " green " way to solve your kettle problem . :D
Simply put some vinegar into the kettle about 250ml , it will quickly and efficiently decalcify your kettle...

This is a quick and effective way to descale your kettle without chemicals....

Thanks for the tip Andy66, we'll give it a go. We have used vinegar in the past to unclog tap filters, the water out there is incredibly hard and everything bungs up.

Jock.
I'm ashamed to say I hadn't read the packet contents of the de-scaler. Turned out not to be powder but a gel. Ooops. Security were most displeased with me and it was confiscated. But apart from a red face and a telling off, that was it. So we had to use Andy66's tip to use vinegar and it worked like a dream.

Lesson to be learned: read the label before packing.

Jock.
Thanks for the update Jock. Sorry to hear you got told off - :whoops
Sorry for what is probably a silly question, but are Cadbury's creme eggs allowed in hand luggage? I've had an urgent request today to take 14 of them out to Tunisia on Saturday, and as they are getting scarce I've bought them locally, as I couildn't rely on picking them up at the airport. I'd rather not pack them in my hold luggage in case they get squashed but don't want to get them confiscated.
Aslemma,

Yes, they're fine. They aren't a liquid or gel. They should be fine in hold luggage though, they're pretty tough so shouldn't get squashed if wrapped carefully.

Darren
Thanks for your quick reply Darren. If it was only a couple I wouldn't worry about packing them in my suitcase but with that number I'd prefet not to risk it. At least I now know I have both options and at the end of the day it will depend on the overall weight of both my hold and hand luggage. :roll:
Aslemma,

If security say anything, you can always eat one in front of them to prove they are what they are. There's a bonus in everything :tongue :tup

Darren
It would be if I liked them Darren. Unfortunately I've been asked for a specific number as a friend wants them for her friends' children, so perhaps I'd better pick up an extra one just in case. :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.