Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Llindy,

It can go in any of her bags although if she won't need it until reaching her destination, it might be better in her hold baggage to save having to carry it. If it's fragile, it'll be better in her hand luggage.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
joeseptuk,

There are no changes at present. Keep a lookout on here and in the news for any relaxing of the liquids restrictions.

Darren

Think the preposed changes have been scrapped due to presure from the american government

America warns EU not to relax airplane liquids ban :rage :banghead:
Perhaps if you watch channel 4 at 9pm tonight ( 26 April) you might not feel so angry at why the rules are as they are :que
andy66 wrote:
Perhaps if you watch channel 4 at 9pm tonight ( 26 April) you might not feel so angry at why the rules are as they are :que

I watched it, very informative

But have you seen the news tonight, underpant bomber, strikes again but was caught

But the bomb maker is still out there, and is a growing concern for the airlines, so looks like x-ray scanners going to get used alot more, as this is the only way to detect the bomb

I would have one concern about this, if they detect someone with a bomb in his underpants, whats to stop him detonating it in the airport
hi...sure Ive seen passengers being checked before entering the airport its self on TV....think was in america...might have to do that here before long...it will be safer here now once you get airside...as any bomber would have been picked up in the scanner...tweetie
TWEETIE PIE wrote:
sure Ive seen passengers being checked before entering the airport its self

Some countries do this, for example Egypt and Turkey.

Darren
When we came back from Egypt they had security checks at the airport entrance with cases and hand luggage x-rayed and people through a metal detector , i think doing the security checks after check in (like the UK) makes little difference , wherever you are in an airport there are lots of people about if someone is on a mission to cause damage.
Joe , i would like to think that intelligence plays a big part in removing risks like the pants man, as in the c4 programme they knew they had to watch those people , they knew something was going on , it was just finding out what it was , its about staying one step ahead, theres a lot of time, money and effort that goes into trying to keep our airports and airlines as safe as possible, we just have to trust that there are goods reasons why we have to follow regulations and procedures even if they seem annoying because we're in holiday mode
Can someone help me. I am flying out to Turkey on Tuesday and taking a packed lunch on the flight. Would I be allowed to take a plastic fork in hand my hand luggage to use with my fruit salad?
Liquids ban should not be lifted next year, say UK airports

A European ban on airline passengers carrying liquids in hand luggage should not be lifted as planned next year, British airport operators have warned, because a relaxation will trigger "chaos" in terminals.

Click here for full story.

With permission from The Guardian
The rules might be a pain if you're unfortunate enough to get caught out or have duty free confiscated even if in tamper evident bags as has happened but I've never had any major problems getting liquids bag through security apart from at Belfast when my bag from Accessorize wasn't allowed as they don't allow 3d bags. Got round that the next rip by having liquids in a bag they did allow which was removed from Accessorize bag before getting to the point where they checked them. First time I flew after the 100ml rules were brought in was less than a week after we were allowed liquids, staff at Dublin airport were brilliant. Not had any problems flying with girls drinks either.

Biggest scare I've had was at Bodrum last year coming back from Turkey, there were signs up saying that electronics had to be declared. This is at entrance to the airport and signs above check in desks. I honestly thought that hubby & I were going to have things confiscated but when we got to security, nothing was said about any of the gadgets we had. The only explanation I can think of is that up until a few years ago, electronics did have to be declared and the signs haven't been taken down.
Right I'm unsure of this one! I now wear contact lenses, so can I take a sealed box of 30 disposable contact lenses that are individualy contained in solution in my hand luggage and do I have to put them in a see through bag? Or as they are sealed in the box can I just chuck them in my bag? I don't intend putting them in my hold luggage.

Moved from Thomson Airways to Hand Luggage topic. Dazbo HT Mod
My wife takes these on holiday - she used to put them individually in a clear plastic bag but earlier this year @ Gatwick she was told that it wasn't necessary -so on our recent Kenyan trip she just left them in a plastic box in her hand luggage -wasn't queried either way.
They are actually listed on the "security guidelines" pdf as:-

http://www.gatwickairport.com/Documents/Security/42823_Security_Guidelines_AR.pdf
As they contain liquid I would say they need to go in your liquids bag, or at least make sure you have room for them in there, and they don't take you over your liquids 'allowance'.
Sunaddict wrote:
As they contain liquid I would say they need to go in your liquids bag, or at least make sure you have room for them in there, and they don't take you over your liquids 'allowance'.

As the lenses are individually sealed,the 100ml limit doesn't apply - and,as I said, security @ Gatwick actually told my wife that she didn't need to show them in a clear plassy bag. :tup
brewerdave wrote:
Sunaddict wrote:

As the lenses are individually sealed,the 100ml limit doesn't apply - and,as I said, security @ Gatwick actually told my wife that she didn't need to show them in a clear plassy bag. :tup

Same here, never had to show them even though i asked, something to do with them being sealed.
Hi, am i allowed to take AA batteries in my hand luggage? I read somewhere that it was ok if they are in their original packaging? Mine are in individual platic cases for my bridge camera. I have about 20 in total so as they weigh a fair bit didnt want them in my main luggage. Will i have any problems?

James
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.