Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Happy Holi
3 Posts
Haven't experienced this but took part in the equivalent celebration in Thailand( Songkran) and got my face covered in paste and absolutely soaked. At least it was easy to clean up afterwards- not sure I would like to caught out in the paint throwing. A couple going home on the same plane as us got floured and soaked on the way to the airport. I have no idea how they were able to sort themselves before departure. God help anyone who gets caught up In holi celebrations on the way to the airport! :rofl
I was there for Thai new year a couple of years ago, that was great fun, I have video of a group of boys with buckets of water throwing them at passing rickshaws and motorbikes. It was hilarious! - But all in good spirit. Then in the evening there was water canons and everything. Was a great time. Holi is good but there was a man today that seemed to like giving me hugs more than I felt comfortable with, he had been drinking and wanted to dance with me... But.. Arrgghh... :/
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.