Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
harry shaw
7 Posts
i looked at them a few years ago, but they did not go to spain every week back then , although their prices were reasonable.
they have single deck coaches, but i am not sure that they have a better seat pitch than ferris platinum, which puts me off a bit.
i also dont think that they have videos on the coach -but i would check that if i was going to book.
i have met many people in malgrat who have used them regularly, so they cant be that bad.
my main priority when travelling by coach is leg room, followed by some entertainment and some catering. so if the price was right i would try and get info on seat pitch etc.
this is why i wont use northern holidays, who also use single deckers, as all they tell me is that their coaches have "plenty room". not good when you are over 6 foot.
jimd-f wrote:
i looked at them a few years ago, but they did not go to spain every week back then , although their prices were reasonable.
they have single deck coaches, but i am not sure that they have a better seat pitch than ferris platinum, which puts me off a bit.
i also dont think that they have videos on the coach -but i would check that if i was going to book.
i have met many people in malgrat who have used them regularly, so they cant be that bad.
my main priority when travelling by coach is leg room, followed by some entertainment and some catering. so if the price was right i would try and get info on seat pitch etc.
this is why i wont use northern holidays, who also use single deckers, as all they tell me is that their coaches have "plenty room". not good when you are over 6 foot.

I've not used them to travel abroad but I have used them extensivly for travel in the UK. They are a very professional outfit with a good fleet of modern coaches. Their drivers are very professional as well. A few years back they did have an issue with videos on coaches as the performing rights people decided they needed a test case against coach operators who showed vids on journeys. For some reason they picked on Harry Shaw to be that test case. For quite a while afterwards their videos were switched off.

We used to book 3 or 4 journeys a week with them. Sometimes you got the bog standard 53 or 48 seater. Often you would get the 40 seat cruiser (which are the ones they use for long distance I beleive). On some occassions we would get the 23 seat executive coach with the kitchen and leather seats if it wasn't being used by Coventry City FC.
:cheers hi and happy new year to all . hope christmas was good for you . we have just booked our holiday
we are going to maripins in september .this time by harry shaw
we went last year to maripins and loved it ,we went in june and went with ferris who were brilliant . we had terrible weather , hope september this year will be better .
can you tell me if the harry shaw coaches are comfortable and do you have a foot rest . :que thank and i hope 2012 is a good one for everyone .xxx
If you have the cruiser coach then the seats have a folding out leg rest. IIRC their standard coaches (53 seats) do not have these rests.
:tup hi and thanks for the information.
:cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.