Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Transfer complaints are normally quite straight forward providing they can get the answers from the local agent.
Resorthoppa are owned by A2B Transfers so your complaint is probably handled by them and from past experience are normally quite ok to deal with but do allow at least 2 months for a full reply, luckily its low season should be relatively quick.

A few things that could have happened:
As you had them one way, was it an error on your side if booking online or over the phone or did you have a voucher stating that transfers are on a return basis.

Could be that the voucher information was wrong or handling agents had changed so although transfers were booked, the information you had would have been wrong.

When you had the first transfer, did they give you anything, some companies give a slip of paper and are told to call a specific number.

Above all, did you get a receipt for the taxi transfer, most companies won't give a refund for this without one.

On just reading your post again you say they haven't dealt with lowcost for 3mths which is a bit odd as if why would they supply you with the first transfer if they didn't have a contract with them.

Did they ask you any questions when you called them, not sure why lowcost would be mentioned if the transfer was with resorthoppa / a2b.

Something doesn't add up really so any more info you can give will help us all.

Thanks
Hi,

when booking with lowcost we booked the return transfers with them. We had an email from Lowcostholidays stating that the transfers will be supplied by resort hoppa and to call these numbers to confirm your return journey time.

We called the number which rang dead, so we had no choice but to call the emergency number on this email sent by Lowcost, this was when we were told they hadn't dealt with lowcost for 3 months. My husband asked them who had supplied our initial transfer and they couldnt tell us. Strange though as they asked our lowcost booking ref and they had us on their system, but stated they cannot give us a transfer as they dont deal with them?!

We never got any receipt from the initial transfer at all.

We did keep the receipts of the TGV train we had no choice but to book, and have attached these into an email to Lowcost, they have confirmed they have opened the investigation on this claim.

We found the whole situation pretty confusing too, and obviously worrying that we wouldnt get to the airport on time.

Well after my worry that Lowcost would try and pass the blame, they phoned today and were great.

They stated that there was a breakdown in communication and they didnt tell us about the other change in transfer details.So were going to refund the full cost of the TGV and phone card we had to purchase.

I agreed to this, but have since thought, that i should call and ask for part of the £136 we paid for transfers back as we didnt get the full service we paid for.

Still, good outcome with good customer service from Lowcost :)
Glad to hear that you've had a positive response. Please let us know any further outcome. :tup
That is good news. Lowcostholidays are a pretty reasonable bunch from what I've heard. They used to own ResortHoppa by the way (sold them in 2012 I think).
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.