General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Yes we've met two lots of people. However, it wasn't coincidental as we'd arranged to meet. Well, it was coincidence that we'd booked to go at the same time but when we realised we arranged a meet.

A few years ago we met a lovely couple in Corfu and last Easter we met Northantsj and her family as well as Dannyh. We met up with them in Benidorm and she very kindly showed us around their hotel and got us a drink from their bar. We still exchange pms.

I'd love to meet up with more people, if only to put a face to a name.
I'd love to meet up with more people, if only to put a face to a name.
Well, you'd certainly not recognise me from my avatar. :rofl I've never met anyone accidentally but Jenny and Frank and I always meet up if we are in Tunisia at the same time and I met Pittie from the Netherlands last September, having just missed one another on previous occasions. I was hoping to meet up with Kevin Beech and his wife the time before but he had mislaid his mobile with my Tunisian phone number. I also meet up with people from the nomarmiteintunisia site who have a regular lunch every Thursday in the area.
Yes, last Summer Alsacienne and her husband were very kind and generous and hosted us for the evening in their hometown whilst we broke our journey down to Italy.
We also met up with Alsacienne and her husband for an evening out when we spent a few days in Alsace in 2008.
Yes - I'm related to Shirley h & Marlou & friends with Eifion w. I was with Shirley when we met Northants J & Danny h in Benidorm
Yes :)

Some of the Goa regulars, at the HT meet in the Carvery in Candolim, last December.

and am looking forward to meeting more in March, at the same place.

xx lassi
Not HT members, but we were just about to get off the bus from the airport to the hotel in jamaica when I heard a broad lancashire accent shout 'juby 5 !!!!!' I nearly fell over !! It was a woman on trip advisor who recognised me from the jamaican forum, I had my actual photo up ( although it was tiny, god only knows how she knew it was me from that !!) I have to say, I tried to avoid her all holiday as it freaked me out a wee bit ! :really
Nearly, I asked a question on Cala Bona last year and got a very good recomendation about a hotel and booked it, it wasnt untill we got home and felt I wanted to thank her and got a reply that I realised on our last day we were both in the same hotel and didn't know it, shame
I would say I have met about 40 people maybe more from H/T all in Goa ..colleen
I couldnt even begin to count the number of HT'ers i have met in Goa :rofl and they have all been great people and some are now firm friends :)

never know i might even meet some in Sharm (Red sea) in June :que
chilly
YES we have met and REALLY enjoyed meeting some right nutters with warm hearts in goa
love em loads see them in 3 weeks cant wait
PAT :ghug :ghug :ghug :cheers
We pre-arranged on here to meet a couple in Corfu and it was shirley h and hubbie! It was lovely to meet up with them we all got on very well. I would love to go back to Kassiopi one day.

Also again pre-arranged we had a meet up in Pernera Cyprus, there were 8 of us we did this 2 years running.

Just remembered whilst chatting around the pool a lady recognised me from on here, we have since bumped into her 3 times in Pernera.

Amber
nope, or at least I don't think I have, they might have been down my way and I've not known who they where.
i have met a few people in lloret and calella from here and from trip advisor.
i'm always happy to help people and point out good restaurants and bars etc. i tend to do my own thing on holiday, so if anyone is meeting me i tell them where and when to find me and leave it at that.
Only 1 person but I wasn't a member here then, I joined later and noticed she was on here.

I email a few people who I have "met" through here though.
I haven't met anyone, but in the summer there I did look out for someone in Estartit from the Costa Brava forum, but never spotted her.

I'm sure i've probably been in the same resort as CiderMonster a few times too but never knew it.

Helen
have met no-one..although I had a "near miss" with Michelle (Derwentrocker) a couple of years back when at the Sonesta at the same time. Not intentional..just never got round to organising it with her.. :rofl

Same thing with GozoMark...we were at the dive school he recommended about 20 minutes after he had left! :rofl

I am in contact with a few HT' ers on facebook but have not actually had any more contact than that.
We have met Sanji a few times in Benidorm. She helped us find our way around. Her and her hubby are a lovely couple.

Garry
ive also met sanji ,had new years gala night together in benidorm,really nice couple,also pebbles ive met in benidorm,another nice couple
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.