Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
all the best for monday hope it goes well and your soon be booking a holiday up
wazza1
Just want to add my best wishes also, hope all goes well for you next Monday, keep smiling :kiss
I thought I'd just let you know how I got on.

I ended up having both ovaries, cyst, omentum, and appendix removed - the surgery was much easier than I thought and Christies is a wonderful hospital.

They think I've got a rare (one in a million, 'designer' 8) ) cancer called pseudomyxoma which originates in the appendix, rather than ovarian, it is very slow growing and fills your abdominal cavity full of mucus (delightful!) but is treatable and has a good prognosis with lots of surgery and chemo. So hopefully things will be fine in the end :D

As for the insurance, the doctor is completing my form and it should be sorted out pretty quickly.
Hi

Been following this topic and am so glad that you are going to be okay. Will keep saying the prayers for you.

Speedy recovery

Marion :gluck
Clarissa,

I'm so pleased your surgery went well.
My prayers and best wishes go to you for a speedy recovery, and I'm sure you'll have no trouble with the insurance company.

Get Well Soon,
Tom :D
Great news Clarissa. :D :D
Not the insurance, the successful op. Money's, well......just money really.
hello clarissa,

sorry to hear your news, get in touch with your ta, he/she is the best person to advise you. however i should think that if you have taken out a good cover, and you did not know about your condition, at the time of booking, there should not be a problem about your deposit.

regards
Great news Clarissa, best wishes for a speedy recovery :D

Shell :wave xx
Hi Clarrisa,

I just read that you haven't been well,
My mum -in -law has the same condition and had her operation at Christies almost a year ago.
She is doing really well and though she has to travel from Sheffield every 3 weeks for her chemo, there's not another hospital that could look after her better.
The staff there were really good with her and us, they let us visit at 8.30 at night (as we had to travel from Sheff everyday) or what ever time we could get there, they never asked us to leave at a cetain time which we found amazing - here in Sheff they are really strict with visiting times
I hope you are feeling well, take care of yourself

Jolou :wave
hi ..again..clarissa .. :) ..so pleased for you,.get yourself another holiday booked now and really enjoy it ...godbless and regards xxx........john-doe
clarissa
I am so pleased the operation went well. Get planning for your holidays again! :D
Clarissa. Am pleased the operation went well - we are all rooting for you! :kiss
Kath x
Have just seen this - wanted to send our best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery - you sound really positive which is great!

Take care

Tis x
Hi Clarissa,

Just read this now, hope you're doing ok................it must be a tough time for you and your family, may you take comfort in knowing that people are thinking about you and are willing you to be ok. I had skin cancer a few years ago (I was under the knife as the twin towers went down) and I have also had a very recent scare regarding bowel cancer, luckily everything turned out ok. Just like to wish you the best of luck, take care xxxxx
Thanks for all the replies and good wishes. I finally got the results of my histology on Thursday - it is pseudomyxoma, which is fantastic news as it is potentially curable, low-grade, slow growing and doesn't spread out of the abdominal cavity. :D :D :D

I'll be having a massive operation in about 5-6 months when I've completely healed from this last lot of surgery. Approx 10 hours (eek :shock: ) of cytoreductive surgery to remove the lining of my abdomen, any 'dispensible' organs and coverings of any that are vital that are affected in there, followed by 90 minutes of heated chemotherapy directly into my abdomen . Basically every dodgy cell has to 'go' to stop the mucus production that clogs up my abdomen and to stop those cells reproducing. It sounds gruesome and a little extreme but the success rate is very good and hopefully when it's done I''m back to normal, with a very scarred but very flat 8) tummy! :D

In the meantime I can't believe how well I feel after this last operation, we could have actually gone on holiday although it would have clashed with some important tests and outpatients visits so it's for the best that it's cancelled as things may have been delayed a little. But the good news we might manage to get away in the next couple of weeks to the same hotel for considerably less money! We've also decided to get married in Las Vegas followed by a honeymoon at Secrets in the DR, which are my two favorite places, in April/May 2007 when I've recovered.

As far as the insurance claim is going, my GP has none of my information from the hospital yet and can't fill in the forms until she does! But as the hopefully new holiday is a bit cheaper and I've had such excellent news it will just be a nice surprise if we get anything back!

Lots of hugs to everyone, your messages of support have really cheered me up when I've felt a bit low, thank you.

Lisa.
Clarissa

That is wonderful news, you sound like you are a very positive person and that is how you must stay. Good luck with the rest of your treatment.

You can't keep a good woman down :lol:

Kindest regards Jackie
clarissa
I am so pleased for you( even though you brought a tear to my eye!).
You certainly have a great reason to be so positive. I'll bet I'm not the only one looking forward to hearing your trip report to Las Vegas and DR!
Excellent news Clarissa! I am so pleased for you. Thank you for keeping us informed.

luci :wave
Clarrisa,

Don't quite know what to say in the face of such courage. You are a lesson to us all.

My very best wishes, my love, and my total admiration.

God bless,

Janet
xxxx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.