Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Mids On Tour:

Have you used this parking facility before.
The reason i ask is that i have booked with BAA for a long stay car park at terminal 3 next week and im just wondering about the procedure of getting there and getting your space.
Does the number plate recognition know your car automatically or do you have to input some booking details like referance numbers etc.
Does the number plate recognition know your car automatically or do you have to input some booking details like reference numbers etc.

Yes used before, the camera recognises your number plate, take a ticket (it should show your booking ref on ticket if not report to the cust svcs on your return before trying to exit) and then you then just choose any space, and go to one of the bus stops within the car park for transfer, you are advised to take a print out of your booking confirmation just in case of problems with the automated system.

Mids
Thanks for your reply.

I thought of another question as well, :) sorry.

I have booked the car parking from 6am, but i think we may get there a little earlier around about half past 5, would i be able to get in then or would it not lett me in until bang on 6.

Thanks again.
How long roughly do you have to wait for your cases at T3?
Mobor One wrote:
How long roughly do you have to wait for your cases at T3?

It's the 'how long is a piece of string scenario'! It all depends on how busy the airport is at the time. They could be there by the time you get to the reclaim hall, up to an hour + later if they're having a bad day. 20-30 minutes after your flighth as landed would probably be the average.

Darren
I know this is a daft question..but...is there a marks and spencers airside at terminal 3????

Thanks.
many thanks...there isn't one...only in arrivals...and thats a food hall.. :(
I come back from NYC yesterday into T3, we landed at just after 6 am and our cases were already coming through after we had cleared customs.

Just also to confirm about the parking i mentioned earlier in this thread.

Very easy to use and i would 100% reccomend it to anybody.
Just take a ticket on the way in, it may have your cars number plate printed on it, mine had Cashier, i just put the ticket in my wallet and then when we got back just popped into reception who just took my booking referance and we were on our way.

We parked our car and walked to the bus stop which is inside the car park, the walk can take about 5 minutes from the furthest away part of the car park but we got pretty close, and the bus was there within 2 minutes, plenty of room for the cases to be stored on the bus and plenty of seats too, the bus calls in at Terminal 1, then 2 and finally T3, it drops off straight outside departures.

On the way home it then picked us up outside arrivals, there are clearly numbered bus stops to make sure your at the right one, the bus for the car park comes to bus stop number 17.
Does anyone know the best hotel(closest) for LHR T3?

Thanks
whats the cheapest car park to use 22/4 -27/4 don't want to leave my keys with anyone though!! terminal 3
We stayed in the Travel Lodge on the M4, and it only took 10 minutes to drive to T3 from here.

There is however a Travel Lodge on Bath Road which looks pretty good, and its literally a couple of minutes to T3.
We arrive at Heathrow terminal 1 from our flight from Edinburgh and then our connecting flight is from terminal 3 to Jo'Burg. can anyone tell me how far these terminals are from each other? I read that they are "walking distance" but my husband cannot walk too far so wondered how far is "walking distance"?
Thanks in advance.
It looks likely that we will have 7+ hours to kill at LHR :( , between landing at T3 at 1.30pm and our MAN flight from T5 at 20.40! I'm desperately hoping that BA will kindly bump us up to an earlier flight but as it's a Friday ( 1st May) afternoon and the BH weekend, I'm not holding my breath.
Can anyone suggest ways to kill the time, can't see us wanting to trog into London as we will have been up since 5am, so probably knackered, I'm thinking more of a couple of nice places to eat and somewhere around T5 to park ourselves.
Will we have to make our way to T5 straight away after landing for a chance of being put on standby, or will any BA desk suffice? There are 3 of us.
Not an expert on Heathrow, but I would imagine they have Executive Lounges. We used the Servisair one at Birmingham last week.

I would imagine if you are going to be there for 7 hours it might be worth the fee to go in away from the general hustle and bustle. Even if you don't go mad on the snacks and drinks I am sure it will pay for itself over that long a period. There is normally a TV, computer station, newspapers, mags etc to while away the time.

Doe :wave:
Has anyone used the Holideck lounge at Heathrow T4? Can you tell what drinks, snacks etc they serve. Have a good few hours to kill waiting for our connection so was wondering whether to book the lounge. :cheers
i have been asked to run some friends to Terminal 3 tomorrow.... anyone tell me where the drop off point is please

wizard
buzz11 wrote:
Has anyone used the Holideck lounge at Heathrow T4? Can you tell what drinks, snacks etc they serve. Have a good few hours to kill waiting for our connection so was wondering whether to book the lounge. :cheers

Haven't used this one personally. But info I've found, it should have tea, coffee, soft & alcoholic drinks. Snack wise, should be things like crisps, biscuits, cake slices, peanuts, cereal bars etc. Not sure, but I don't think they do hot food or sandwiches. Also has tvs & newspapers/magazines (unless some people have helped themselves to them during the day). Its open from 0530 in the morning, until 2200 in the evening. Hope this helps a bit.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.