Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi Gazzy
If you have not done so, get onto the web site Holiday extras and enter T5, it will give you the best costings for this terminal, we have booked through HE for T3 15 days for £78.

regards
Joe
Slightly different airport hotel request!

We are going to Thailand next Feb and have an evening / late afternoon flight going out and get back to Heathrow about 7.30 pm. We wondered if there were any hotels that would alllow us to park at hotel on our departure day, then when we come bcak we spend the night and leave the next day - so instead of park, stay and fly its park fly and stay!

Its just that we then have a 2 - 3 car drive home and after a long flight it would be nice to have a meal and relax in a hotel and then drive home fresh after a nights sleep!

Does anyone know of any hotels that do this? Its heathrow airport, I have posted it on there but it may be of interest to others who have to travel a long distance when they come back from a long haul flight.
All the airport hotels that do park and fly deals allow this, it's fine with them if you take up your stay either at the start or end of the 15day parking offer Alan
Hiya Sarah..We are in the same predicament and we would consider doing it the same way as you we fly out in march(not to thailand) if you have any luck finding one thats good let us know..All the best..Sleep_r_us.
Hi all,

I have booked a Continental airlines flight from LHR to IAH on Apr 3rd at 11.20am. I have also booked a flight from BHD-LHR arriving in Heathrow at 8.05am.

Basically I am just wondering if I have left myself enough time to collect my baggage, get from terminal one to terminal 4 and checkin for my second flight.

Any tips ir advice very welcome, this will be my first time in Heathrow!!! :yikes
Thanks Again
Allymc316
Hello.

I have recently booked a travel lodge for the night before my flight from Heathrow, the travel lodge web site calls the hotel that i have booked, Travel Lodge Heathrow Central, the photos on the web site are just the generic pictures that it shows you for most of the hotels and it states that car parking is available.

I have checked on the "Directions and Map" section of the travel lodge web site and it gives the post code TW5 9SW and shows the hotel on Bath Road and the corner of Burnham Gardens, i have since checked this on Google Earth and this building does look like a decent sized hotel building but there is no car park, only a small alley way which leads around back with space for a couple of cars at most, im now worried that this could be wrong information as i have booked a saver rate room which is non refundable, and the fact that i cant seem to find any pictures of it on the internet is also rather worrying.

Has anybody stayed here, or does anybody live around here that can put my mind at rest, or do you suggest i cut my losses and book a different hotel.

Thanks in advance for any help.
I would suggest giving the hotel a ring, just to put your mind at rest.
Maybe you've thought of that but don't know what else to advise.
Not directly a "Heathrow Airport" question, but I was wondering if you can take luggage on the tube with you? I'm flying from Heathrow and it seems the easiest and cheapest way to get from Kings Cross to Heathrow. I will have a fairly large suitcase on me.

Many Thanks
Yes you can take luggage on the tube, however there are no luggage racks where you can store your bags and go and sit down (obvious security reasons etc), so you have to stand in the doorways with your bags - and it is a very long long journey (45 mins or so) out to Heathrow on the Piccadilly line, I have done it before and it was a nightmare.

If I were you I would pay slightly extra and get the tube (Hammersmith and City line) to Paddington and take the Heathrow Express. It is about £16.00 and is all set up for people travelling with luggage so is much more comfortable - and it takes about 15 minutes!
Bookings open for latest easyHotel location

EasyHotel is taking advance bookings for its latest venture at London Heathrow.

The hotel, scheduled to open on January 1, is located minutes drive from terminals 1,2 & 3 and is aimed at budget conscious travellers waiting for connecting flights or booked on early morning departures.

EasyHotel Heathrow will offer 53 air-conditioned bedrooms with en-suite shower room.

Multi-channel LCD television, wireless internet access and extra towels are all available for an additional charge.

The hotel also provides long-term car parking for guests who wish to park and fly.

The group is offering special introductory rates from just £25 per room per night.

With permission from Travelmole
Hi all, Does anyone know if checking in online for Emirates T3 Heathrow is worth while or as we have pre booked our seats just turn up and check in as normal, any advice as usual greatfully accepted.

Regards
Joe
joe3400,

Online check-in can be a good time saver; it saves you queing at check-in so you only have to drop your luggage off at the baggage desk rather than having to go through the whole check-in procedure. Refer to the dedicated Emirated thread for more details.

Darren
Im flying out T5 to Boston in September.
Does anyone know if you can still register for the iris scanning? I know they had a trial, but cant find any info now on BAA website.

Cheers
Em x
Flights to / from all London airports, especially London City and Heathrow are subject to delays and cancellations because of the heavy snow fall today (02/02/09). This is severly effecting British Airways regional and international flights. All flights from Heathrow are cancelled up until 1700. Refer to Heathrow Airports websites for up to date information.

Darren
I was browsing the Cardiff airport website earlier and noticed that a few American flights due to land in Heathrow had been diverted there.
Can you still drop off / pick up at Heathrow, or do you have to use the short term car park?

Can taxis drop off / pick up, or do the same rules apply?
Mobor One,

Have a look at Heathrows website, everything is detailed on there.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.