Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific

Discussions regarding holidays in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific region.
There is certainly no problem buying duty free in Dubai on transit to Oz. As a general rule of thumb I never buy duty free in the UK unless I have no choice, as by and large, I reckon it's the dearest duty free anywhere. Either Dubai or Perth on arrival would be better, I'm not sure the range of goods available in Perth, so I would plump for Dubai. However it can be a very lengthy trek to your gate in Dubai, and at times the duty free shops can be very busy, so, if you have a short transit time, you may be pushed for time, however thats the good thing about having duty free shops on arrival in Oz as you'll never be stuck Alan
Hi Gramps thanks for your post.

We have 2 hours 25 minutes between flights when we transfer planes.

Do you think this could be enough time to do the running about? i suppose we could take a jog over to the duty free and check it out and decide if we can get served fast enough. If we can we will if not we settle for Perth Airport Duty Free, if that is possible?
I'd say thats leaving it a bit tight, sometimes you disenbark at a distant stand and get bussed to the terminal,and that can take up to half an hour or so, then you have to scan yout hand luggage and get frisked, and depending on how busy they are it all takes time. I've not used Perth for a few years but on arrival at Sydney last month the arrival duty free was greatly improved since a couple of years ago and I'm sure Perth will be the same. You cant miss the Sydney one as it's designed so you have to walk through it as you exit from the plane ! Alan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.