Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Did you have a bad holiday then? This is the complaints section where members help each other with complaints after having holiday nightmares.
yes we did the 1st day there,no one was there to give us the keys to the room and had to pay to stay in a hotel
Maybe you could tell us in more detail as in your intial post you haven't told us that you have filed a complaint etc.? It maybe helpful to other members to hear your experience.

Sarah
Just an update on my original complaint.
I did contact OTB with all my evidence by phone and by email, but they said that this did not prove anything and that it was not possible for their website to cause such an error. The charges to change back to the original holiday, which I thought I was booking, would have raised the price further.
I decided against taking the complaint further, as it was causing me lots of worry and stress.
Instead, I have made sure that I pass on my experience of booking through OTB to all my friends and family, and I won't ever book through them again.

In the end we had a good holiday, but the apartments were not upto the standard of the major tour ops. I could have got a better standard of holiday through a major tour op for a similar price. We live and learn eh?

I've booked this year's holiday through Thomas Cook!
I booked a holiday on 04.03.10 for September 2010 and when the confirmation came through it was booked for 16-04-10! OTB told me also that it could not be their website even though i only paid a deposit and they would have needed me to pay the full amount if I had booked to go in 6 weeks.
No one at the company seems to care, they keep taking money off my credit card. I have written a letter of complaint and instructed my credit card company to retrieve the money. I am not letting them get away with it! Has anyone had any joy after writing a complaint letter ?
Hi Antoinette,

Had you browsed different holiday dates before going ahead with your booking? If so, that's the same thing that happened to me. I reckon it's a fault with cookies on their booking system. They wouldn't admit to it and tried to put the blame on me.

I suggest you tell them you have posted here and see what happens!
Btw, try emiling them at: forums@otbeach.com with your OTB or MYB reference.
hi

thanks for the advice. i had only looked at september dates i think. i emailed the forum email address last night, no reply as yet. i did say i had made a posting on here. fingers crossed. I am so angry at the stress they have put me through. i just want it cancelled and all my money back. i will update when i hear more! :)
Well this there is some interesting threads going on here with OTB! I have just had my first experience and a bad one at that. I looked to book a trip,(flights only) to Egypt on July 1st 2010 utilising their online booking system. I went throught the usual process and found some flights with Thomas Cook as a special offer, so went ahead and booked for the 1st to the 15th july, entered my credit card details and submitted the request, i then was faced with another request to either book a baggage allowance and meals at additional cost. Who in gods name goes away for two weeks without baggage!! I had no choice but to book two bags at a cost of £30 return for each bag and then once again submitted the request. I then recieved immedietly a confirmation for the booking, but for different dates and a different airline! I called OTB and asked them to rectify the problem and was met with the most rude person ever, who went on to explain that their system was correct and i had booked it wrong. They also said that i could not have recieved confirmation as it takes upto 48 hrs to get this, so i asked them to ensure that my card was not debited. lo and behold the next day, confirmation was recieved and my money was taken and this is where it just gets better. I called them again, emailed them, wrote to them and hav been fobbed off at every turn. I have been told it was my fault, if i cancel it will cost me my £250 deposit, if i change to the correct dates it will cost me another £189, and if i change to the correct dates and the correct airline as originaly booked and requested, it will cost me another £200 on top of the original quote, and the loss of the £250 deposit. I have tried so many times to explain to them, but they are just not interested, all they say is that it must be my fault as there is nothing wrong with their booking system. Has anybody ever taken them to court over their busniness practices? I sure intend to! :banghead:
Hi Mutley, that sounds like the same thing that happened to me.
I contacted them straight away to point out their mistake and they told me the same thing as they said to you. I eneded up with a more expensive holiday on a different date, because I was too stressed by the whole thing to take it any further.
I can understand how this can stress somebody out and fully sympathise with you. I to have to pay the increased price for my holiday as well as lose my £250 deposit,however,if i have to lose £250, i intend to go the whole hog and lose additional funds by going to court over this. I have worked for an airline for close to 17 years and have never had to endure this sort of service with anyone,nor would treat any customer the way they have treated most of the people on this forum.
just an update - I am being given a refund (including the monies took unlawfully from my credit card) by OTB. This is after countless emails on my part, a long complaint letter, a complaint to ABTA and cancelling my credit card so they could no longer take money from it and putting the transactions into dispute with my credit card company. i also emailed forums@onthebeach.com. i am not sure which of my actions prompted a manager to get in contact and offer to change the dates free of charge (no apology though or explanation) but after I said I didn't feel comfortable continuing to book the holiday with them after my experiences and what I have read of other people's experiences I was pleasently offered a refund. This representitive obviously has had some customer service training! So lesson learnt, I am pleased to be getting a refund although I am still out of pocket due to OTB taking me over my credit limit and my credit card company charging me. so lucky I did not use a debit card!
i hope my experience helps other people too.
We have just fought our way back from Lanzarotte - by bus and train via France - following the dust cloud problem. We were with Onthe beach and they were completely uncontactable when the problems hit and we asked for urgent advice/help - either by phone or email. they are useless - DO NOT BOOK WITH ONTHEBEACH HOLIDAYS they will let you down. We are reporting them to ABTA/ATOL for failure in duty of care to clients.
Which airline had you booked your flights with? Did you contact them because the airlilne should have been looking after you.
Should have said that On the Beach are not ATOL holders so no good complaining to them.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.