Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Hi
I think Esperides has much much more to offer for children than Sun Palace. You cannot compare these two hotels as they are very different. Esperides is a real family hotel. The children will have a great time whereas Sun Palace is not.
I live here and I know both hotels well
Hello Maegi,

Thanks for your reply, i still havent booked anything yet, as the hotel esperides is still off sale with thomas cook, i have emailed then direct and they havent got next years rates out yet, but i do appreciate your help!

Thanks again :)
Will your seventeen year old want to go out to the bars and clubs? if so I would choose the sun palace as it is nearer falaraki and therefore nearer for them to return. I go to both hotels regularly I go to esperides when there are a few of us going as this is my personal preference but if it is just my husband and seventeen year old son and his friend then we go to the sun palace so i feel happier that if they go out on their own at night they dont have far to walk to get back and dont need to rely on a taxi.
Your ten year old will enjoy either hotel once they make friends with other children they make their own entertainment anyway food options at both hotels are about the same and facilities at esperides are better although the newly refurbished rooms at sun palace are very comfortable and the bed was the comfiest i have had on any holiday for a long time .
I have probably confused you more but if you need any more info just ask.
Hello Aerdna,

I think my daughter may want to sample some of falirakis nightlife, but i dont think she will be bothered about the clubs maybe just the bars, and my little boy will be happy to play in the pool all day and hopefully make some new friends!
This will be the first time we will have been ai, we always go sc and eat out and sample the local food, i think this is why im dithering, just cant decide :think
Do you mind telling me what the family rooms are like at the sun palace, there are quite a lot of conflicting reports, are they a decent size and is the bedroom area seperate?

I booked the Sun Palace for a family holiday for my honeymoon and was disappointed, the rooms were average and most were in a block away from the main complex. I had the dilemma of either the Sun Palace or the Louis Collosus Beach near to the waterpark, i had a walk into the Louis one day whilst i was up there and i knew straight away i had picked the wrong hotel!

My in laws have stayed in the espiredes and they said it is fantastic, location is out of the way but its only a 20-25 min walk into faliraki or a short cab ride away. The espirides is also the number one rated family hotel in rhodes according to tripadvisor
Colossos Beach has a bad reputation as well. I think even worse than Sun Palace. I have seen them all.
Hi I cant tell you whether the family rooms which some are in a block in the hotel grounds have been refurbished or not The hotel rooms, restaurant and reception and the pool have all been refurbished to a very good standard hopefully some one who has used the family rooms this year can tell you what they are like. As for all inclusive food they are both very similar if you just bear in mind that you are not always going to like what is on the menu and count in to some of your spending money for some meals out then you will be ok I like the all inclusive for the fact the kids can have drinks ice cream etc when ever they like. and drinks for adults outside the hotel are getting expensive they are certainly no cheaper than at home. As I said in my previous report my prefered hotel is the Esperides but having a seventeen year old who may want to go out with friends they make at the hotel I would feel happier that they didnt have so far to return or to rely on a taxi so I would choose Sun palace to be honest since the refurbishment there isnt a great deal of difference in the two Esperides does look better from the outside but its not just kerb appeal that you have to consider when booking a holiday.

When you get to Rhopdes enjoy it ther is lots to see and do and the people are so friendly and helpful. There is a great new bar opened just along from The Sunpalace called King Arthurs that has a live band with a great atmosphere give it a go while you are there.
There are plenty of photos on trip advisor that may help you decide but the ones after elvis show the rooms prior to refurbishment in sun palace but there is a lot taken this summer at both hotels
Went to sun Palace 23 July for 2 weeks this year. We went with another family and have two17 year old girls who went into falariki - they were both quite surprised they were alllowed to. They did met another 2 girls at sun palace and so went we them - we felt it ok to let them go. We also had 14 year olds (felt not much for them to do here) and 1 10 year old who went to the hotel club and loved it. Never usually goes to the clubs but went am and pm sessions the pm sessions were often held in the pool with the children playing pool games, and we could watch. Haven't been to Hotel Esperides so cannot comment on this. I think we had the not modernised rooms as we did not have a plasma tv only a portable one which really was not a problem as never watched it. We had two rooms, one room had a double bed in and the other had 2 single beds and a put-u-up.. Plenty of space of clothes for all 5 of us. As you are not in your rooms for long (well we are not) the room had sufficient space. If you need any more info just ask.
There's a new review on trip-advisor for sun palace hotel and pics ive booked for may , :wave: lee could you tell me what the all/inclusive was like many thanks in advance
Hello everyone who has replied to my query, thanks for your help, it looks like i will be booking the sun palace for next year :cheers

I have emailed the hotel direct to get an idea of a direct booking, but ive not had a reply yet, just wanted to compare diy with thomas cooks price, i would welcome any opinions!
TC - flying from LBA 15th July 09 for 14n 3adults and 1child in a fam room is 2500, i think that is quite good, that includes a free child so dont want to leave it too long in case is goes!!

Thanks again everyone, :tup
Hi that's a great price ive booked with Thomas cook for 2 adults 1 child to go in may £1054 that's for 1 week plus free child's place also flying from leeds/bradford ,jet 2 fly from leeds now and hotel only try travel republic we normally do it diy but found Thomas cook price good don't leave it to long has free child places sell out :)
Hi cancerian-girl had a quick search for you flights with jet 2 for your dates are £1203.88 and accommodation is coming up at £2198.90 so coming in more expensive than package holiday makes a change for once :)
Hiya Murgy,

Well the deed is done!! :yipee

I have booked it all and got it for 2500, im really pleased i havent booked a package in years, i used to be a travel agent (a long time ago...lol) so have been doing diy for a while now, but i couldnt let this one go....

Have you been before murgy, or have you just booked the sun palace on recommendation?
Hi c-g glad you've got booked up haven't been to hotel or Rhodes before, went to zakynthos in may all-inclusive had a fantastic time ,thought we,d try another Greek island ,sun-palace ticked all the boxes good hotel ,good location ,near beach children's entertainment and the price was really good for all-inclusive, i will put a review on when we get back ,if you go to sun palace reviews on this site go to bottom of page and you can sign up for emails alerting you when new review has been added, a new review was added yesterday on trip-advisor :)
Sorry for the delay in replying to can girl - the a.i. was excellent. The food was lovely - quite a lot of choice. When the main restaurant was closed the snack bar was open (although we mainly used the restaurant) they had a different country theme most nights. Breakfast, I thought was def worth getting up for, very varied. (eggs, bacon, toast or cold) tea, coffee or cold drinks. The drink was excellent to I have never been to an a.i. that has their own version of malibu and pineapple, it was brill. Cocktails were also served, but wasnt impressed with them. Cannot really fault anythink about this hotel, which is quite unusual probably if anything it was the entertainment at night - didn't enjoy karake twicr a week. not good for eardrums. I'm sure you will have a great time
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.