Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Yes you do as Hurghada is on the mainland not Sinai, it's $15 and you can get it from the bank kiosk at the airport.
Thank you ever so much for your quick reply DOE. Our Holiday is less than 2 weeks away now... time for me t start packing haha. Like i said above iv'e been to Sharm a few times + love it...... I just hope we like Hurghada too. Are there any places/trips you could recommend? Is there much at the Marina?.... is it worth a visit?
Hi Shasha,

We have been to Sharm several times and Hurghada (Makadi Bay) twice and much prefer Maakdi Bay over Sharm as we found the quality of hotels and beaches to be better ... just our option:)

As far as trips are concerned I can recommend the Giftun Island boat trip ... basically consists of 3/4 stops for snorkelling, about 1.5hr on Giftun Island and includes lunch on the boat .. great day out. Also went on a dune buggy trip in the desert (1/2 day) which comprised of driving the buggy through the desert, stopping at a bedouin camp for tea ... great fun! As for the Marina, it consists of mainly restaurants and a few bars. Our tour rep recommended the White Elephant Restaurant (Cantonese/Chinese) and we ate there on 3 occasions ... reasonably priced and lovely food.

Hope the above is of some help:)

Regards,
Pat
Thank you for your reply Pat, sorry iv'e took a few days to reply, been busy packing :)
Were staying in Soma Bay + from what iv'e read (if the info is up to date) there's not much there, 2 hotels ( i think) but we don't mind that at all.
When last in Sharm we went quad biking in the desert + loved it so will most likely go on the dune buggy trip :)
Will look into the boat trip too. A trip to the Marina of an evening will be an option too. Once again, thank yu for taking the time to reply. Shasha. xx
Your welcome Shasha ... hope you have a lovely holiday:)

Pat xx
Which hotel are you doing, been to Soma Bay so might be able to give you some tips
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.