Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
do you mean 13?

we were in GC in March with the boys, then aged 13 and of course, they didn't want us anywhere near them. We laid a few ground rules out for them and then trusted them to get on with it on the proviso that they checked in with us every so often. They were really good lads and never let us down once. They stayed off the booze ( i think!) and even managed to charm a couple of lovely ladies ( aged 15) who they spent the rest of the holiday with...

have a look around for yourself on your first night and judge where you think is ok..there are so many places to choose from its hard to suggest just one..
yes sorry i did mean 13 and thanks for the advice it's pretty much what we have told them both, we just wanted some advice on good bars and restraunts to go to as well
They'll have a ball in the main commercial centre. Harleys and covent garden are were most of the young things hang out.

Up at the Europa centre is maybe a bit better for bars to wander past - they can go in one and you in the other. Lots of places do quiz' with shots for prizes, so be careful there.

Nice restaurants - El gaitero - Agua de la perra centre
Taj Palace - indian
Yogi and Benny's - english brekkie etc (Porto Novo area)
Guantanamo - very posh
Passarella centre - cocktail bar downstairs - that might be a good spot for all of you
Upstairs in the same cente - new pizza place at the end
Rhodos palace - greek - very good
Bar Pio pio - on Tauro beach - live music on a Sunday evening
We've only just returned from PR with 3 teenagers. The bars we found suitable for families were La Fiesta, the Barbacoa & La Bolera & Tango as they also had nightly entertainment. Good places to eat without spending a fortune - San Miguel or any of the eat as much as you want chinese/oriental restaurants.

We found Puerto Rico to be a safe place and welcoming.
Many thanks to all your replies
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.