America - Florida Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Florida.
You could try booking your own villa, flights and car hire.

I've had a quick look for October this year and a 3 bed Villa with pool is around £350 a week.
If you want 15 nights you are probably going to have to book your own flights with a scheduled airline like British Airways or Virgin. I think they tend to be released 11 months prior (or is it 13 ? someone will know).

Villas seem to work out cheaper than hotels if there is more than two of you, unless four of you are prepared to cram into one hotel room with two Queen sized bed in it.

The other thing that seems quite popular is a one or two bed roomed condo, which I think is their name for an apartment.

Package holidays are normally 7, 14, 21 nights etc

I have bought Disney and Universal tickets from http://www.undercovertourist.com and been happy with them. It was also years ago and they are still trading and seem to have been around for years, but I would still pay with a credit card.

They also have a lot if choice from hopper tickets to magic my way tickets the later of which are less flexible but can work out cheaper and park hopping can be exhausting anyway, you don't see anymore but seem to waste time travelling between parks in the middle of the day. One park day worked better for us.

What hotel was £9000 :yikes
doe wrote:
If you want 15 nights you are probably going to have to book your own flights with a scheduled airline like http://britishairways.com or Virgin. I think they tend to be released 11 months prior (or is it 13 ? someone will know).

What hotel was £9000 :yikes

I know with BA you can book flights online 355 days in advance , I imagine you can book further ahead if you phone up , don't know about Virgin .

Just had a quick look for October this year , and 13 to 27 oct for LGW to MCO was working out at £650 per adult and 80 quid less for children ( ages 2-11) So thats 2400 to 2600 leaving a whopping £6400 for accommodation and ticket & car hire , ....... that's assuming you are flying economy , for £9000 that must be the real rockstar experience ;)
The One ticket price (which basically includes the tickets for Disney , Universal , Downtown Disney , Sea World and Busch Gardens ) is normally just shy of £500 per person , £489 per adult , and £459 for a child aged 3-9 ) , flights are only released about 11 months in advance , Virgin for their packages often are a little bit ahead of that time frame .
A realistic budget for that itinerary in a good standard of accommodation would be £5000- £6000 upwards really , again depending on what accommodation you pick .
Virgin are the only tour operator that are actually on sale for 2015 at the moment where you can confirm and get booked up , other operators will probably start to release their programme from end April onwards .
Only two of us going now so I suppose a hotel would be more cost effective?
Re: park tickets. We dont really want to travel to Busch Gardens so what ticket is best to buy for the following:
Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Seaworld, Disney Hollywood Studios, Universal, MGM, Blizzard Beach, Wet & Wild, Typhoon Lagoon.
Hi i go to Florida every 2 years in october its a great month to go weather is still hot and parks are a bit quieter. we use home and away villa rentals website for our villas and ocean florida for our flights including car hire the airlines they use are untited and british airways ( which am aware of could be others)

we also use flex tickets for our theme parks if its not included and you have kids under 11 going get the food card which is £10 and lasts abot 3 month once you have that your kids eat free in most places as long as an adult weal and drink for child is bought its an excellent card saving you ££ for the cheap shopping

this holiday for 8 adults and 1 child cost us just over £10000 October 2013 for 3 weeks including car hire and extra luggage for wedding dress and kilts.

Busch gardens is a little out the way but definetly one of the best parks and having your own villa is much more relaxing doing what you want when you want eating whenever you want too walmart has everything you need and more its excellent

hope you get it all sorted and for a cheaper price one thing though in october it is hot like 34 degrees but get pool heat if you can as the pool is very chilli without it belive me!

enjoy it when it happens :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.