Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Not Benalmadena, but directly opposite the beach and not far from the Marina, approx 10 or 15 mins away (depending on physical capabilities) walking on a flat promenade or pushing a wheelchair, is the hotel Pez Espada.
Last time I was in there for a drink, I noticed that they have made the hotel a bit more disabled friendly by laying a slope next to the steps to reach the gardens/sunbeds/pool area, and the pool has always had steps at the shallow end to walk into the pool.

Sanji
Thank you Sanji i will look at the Pez Espada its not one that i have come across in my search.

Mum is quite fit and able with normal steps and walking. Its only gaining access to the pool that can be a bit tricky. Last May i took her to the Sol Don Pedro or Pablo ( cant remember which one ) and she did not go into the pool as much as she wanted because it was hard work getting in and out. :(
I have just booked this Hotel for 4 nights for my mums 80th.

I think she will love it with all the signed photos of the past stars on the wall. We can have a cocktail in Frankies Bar , shame Sintra will not be around to sing happy birthday to her :rofl

I am really looking forward to it now, i love a place with a bit of history.

Holiday Truths to the rescue once again.
I'm sure you'll have a lovely time. :tup
I've just remembered that if your Ma does have any difficulty with the spiral staircase down to the restaurant .....there is a lift opposite the top of the stairs which will overcome this problem.

The hotel Pez Espada does have a lot of history, but I shouldn't romanticise too much about Sinatra, because whilst staying at the Pez and following an 'incident', he and his entourage were kicked out of Spain.....that's the bit of 'history' they chose to ignore. :rofl

Sanji x
Hi Wendy,
On what basis are you in the Pez, H.B. Full Board or B & B. We were staying next door last week and used The Dark side of the Moon for snacks and the odd breckie.
Des.
desdamona wrote:
Hi Wendy,
On what basis are you in the Pez, H.B. Full Board or B & B. We were staying next door last week and used The Dark side of the Moon for snacks and the odd breckie.
Des.

We went in there a few times for breakfast too - very nice :tup
Hi Glynis we are bed and breakfast. I thought we could have a nice stroll in the evening and choose lovely places to eat.

Could anyone suggest a really nice restaurant for my mums 80th , somewhere a little bit special.

Really looking forward to just relaxing for a few days. :)
The Casa Juan restaurant has a good name we ate there one night. But to be honest I don't think we had a bad meal anywhere in Carihuela.

Sanji may be able to help some more as she's been to Carihuela lots more times than us. :tup
OK thank you, i suppose anywhere the sun is shining and you can eat outside is a bonus than eating over here . :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.