Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Hi,

It really depends what you like to drink. Local wines and beer (Celtia) are cheap and readily available. Though in another thread it has been mentioned that Celtia is rather weak! Spirits and foreign brands are more expensive.

In general the more stars a hotel has the pricier the bar will be. Nightclub bar prices can be very high and the disco bars etc tend to vary. I found the British Bar in Hammamet to have very British prices! And I work in London!

If you're self catering and want to have a supply in your appartment it might be worth taking it with you. There are very few shops that sell alcohol. Most places have a Magasin General and these usually stock some alcohol, but spirits will be exhorbitant. Also you won't be able to buy it on a Friday.

One final thing to note is that Ramadan has just started today and will last a month, so if you're planning on going in the next few weeks you'll find that only the hotels and most touristy places will serve alcohol.

Hope this helps.

A. :glynis
I've never had problems buying alcohol in the Magazin General in Sousse or in other supermarkets. Even on Fridays, Monoprix at Sousse used to keep their alcohol behind a curtain and it was only available to tourists, not the locals. :roll: That particular Monoprix has been closed down 'for refurbishment' for quite a long time now but I keep hoping it will re-open.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.