Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
LibbiesMUM wrote:
Can anyone comment about the HILTON SHARKS BAY SHARM with management and ongoing staff disputes they keep removing negative comments :que

Who keeps removing comments?
Sorry i've been on trip advisor and all negative comments and reviews have been removed. They are having really bad management decisions and staff are walking out or are getting sacked.
I don't think we can comment on what goes on another site. Regarding the HSB I stayed there about 18 months ago and had a great time, only negative was the food, but we got it so cheap we ate out every night apart from the first night either in Soho Square or Naama Bay and just used the AI during the day. But I guess you want more unto date info than 18 months ago. The reef is good there but some are disappointed when they see the beach as it is terraces down to the water, but we loved it and spent most of our days on the beach terraces and a couple around the pool on the deluxe side of the resort. Also had some great treatments in the spa on the deluxe side but that may depend on which therapist you get I suppose. It was nice in the treatment areas on that side as it all seemed new so was spotless.

Doe :sun2
Hi there,
I visited Hilton Sharks Bay 5 years ago and had a good time. The hotel was very pleasant and staff very friendly. My Mum was poorly with Laryngitus (sp?) which we believed to have been from the aeroplane, the staff were fantastic, delivering trays of food to the room with large fruit platters, hot food, plain food with lots of water without request which I felt was nice. The pool areas were great, temperatures were perfect. Also my younger brother was invited out to the kids clubs and various activites to keep him busy and entertained. The food was ok, pretty repetivive but there was always something to eat. I would recommend this hotel yet have returned to Sharm and stayed at the Reef Oasis Blue Bay, which is just outstanding. I am due to visit ROBB in 2 weeks time so would obviously choose this over the Hilton yet it was a great holiday nonetheless.

I'm sorry my review is a little dated but thought I would join in.
Hope you have a fab time!
I've been to hilton SB most easters for several years now and it's always felt like a second home to us but due to wanting a change this year we went to El gouna instead .. As Chris & bee have mentioned the only negative is the food but we certainly never go hungry and many aspects of their A/I is far most generous than others. Very high percentage of repeat English guests and the friendly feel is what keeps us going back.

I have the HSB group on my FB page and it appears that many of the Bar staff have been sacked after they went on strike for better working conditions . Most of them had very good rapport with repeat guests and there are ongoing protests from those to get them reinstated, many dont seem to favour the current management style. Other than what I've read on the FB page I can't really make any comment as it all seems to be getting way out of hand..
That all sounds a bit grim Lyn :(

I thought the staff at the Hilton Sharks Bay were brilliant. Especially the waiters in the buffet restaurant on the 'old side' where you go for breakfast etc. they worked their backsides off and were a huge asset to the hotel. I guess the European recession and the political situation over there has caused a tourism downturn and it is having a knock on effect to the way the hotels are run and they treat the staff. I thought they were still getting a load of rich Russian guests though that would bring money in and keep the cash flowing so you would think the management could treat the staff fairly. I know they do the 28 days on 7 days back in Cairo thing but that seems to suit both the staff and the management, so can't see that as a problem.

Doe :sun2
Im not actually sure why they went on strike but of course there are always 2 sides of the story and it would be very unprofessional I would think for the Hotel to comment on a FB group. All I know is those that were sacked were I believe bar Staff (22 of them it would seem )who had worked their butts off and clearly had good relationships with Guests.There are emails flying off everywhere to hilton management and head office etc to try and get them reinstated and from what Im reading now American management are now involved.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.