hi
I am looking for some advise on where to go now, i have been given a deadlock notice from abta
Here is the full complaint i have sent to Thomson - do i have a right to complain??

I am getting no where with what can only be described as a holiday from hell
I have a serious medical condition and when I'm meant to be building memories for my family your company has ruined them.

I have emailed and called your aftercare team to be told that my complaint was been dealt with and when I then checked the email address they had they confirmed it was the correct one. I have since today waited 1h 10mins to get through to your aftercare team to be advised this insult of a cheque is your resolve on the matter and that I didn’t respond to the email in time, when I then checked what the email address was it was an email I haven’t used in 10 years!!!! Checking how you got this I was advised that you had searched all my previous bookings ?!?!?!? this is a DPA breach and is no way acceptable. This is an email that I don’t use and shared with an ex that has absolutely no right to know my medical history and my personal details which you have now indicated to them. I want this DPA breach investigated fully and dealt with on a separate matter to the original complaint.

I was so ready before going to Tunisia to book my next holiday with you to build a happy memories for my son and husband as I've always booked with you and had at least 1 holiday a year for 10 years plus with you

This is my compliant I sent in and I want it sorting - you are making me so Ill and I'm wasting time contact you when I should be enjoying what I have with my family. I would be so scared of ever spending a penny with your company again which is a shame as I've always praised your company and also as my sons dream holiday is one of your villages and I wanted to build a memory there of me been ok with him not the pain and agony I have

Email below

We have recently returned from a nightmare of a holiday and what i can only describe as a complete let down. We booked this holiday as i have a illness that is progressive and could be a life ending condition (ASL)
We booked this on a room that holds 6 - 8 adults. We arrived to find we had been given 2 double rooms and no way could these hold 8 people. We booked and paid for this large room due to my condition, i need space to move around and also i need to be able to sleep alot more than the other passengers so need the extra room to be out of the way. I had confirmed with you before i travelled and was assured that booking this room gave me an extra living area which had a sofa bed which i could have used. I was told that they don’t have this kind of room and when we questioned this more was then told it was that they didn’t open those rooms off season!!! we were therefore given no choice but to pay for an extra room to give us what we had already paid for in the holiday cost. We were told we would have to pay 300 diner and this would be credited back to us when we got home. This was advised by your rep on site. This has been converted and cost us £110GBP and I expect this back ASAP. – now to this the 104.00GPB you have sent is an insult and to be advised by Ben (your senior advisor) that you wont pay my credit card charge! I shouldn’t have had to pay the room fee in the first place which you have no agreed with so why should I have to pay the charges for this??????

I then want to go onto what a disaster this holiday was. We booked an all inclusive holiday and after reading what was included in this holiday we booked it. I have booked many holidays with yourselves and have always booked all inclusive so i know and understand how these work. This was by no means an all inclusive holiday. on your website this hotel and holiday states that there is a:-

Beach bar
Opening Times: [09.00-17.00] – NOT OPEN

Please note, after 12.30 the beach bar is no longer All Inclusive.

Lobby bar
Opening Times: [10.00-24.00]

Buffet restaurant
Opening Times: [07.30-10.00, 12.30-14.00, 18.30-21.00] – DINER ONLY SERVED 6:30 – 7:30PM

The buffet restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Come the evening, you can enjoy à la carte dining at a charge.

A la carte dining
A la carte dining is available at the buffet restaurant in the evening. One free à la carte meal per week is included in your holiday package. – NOT OPEN AND NOT OFFERED FREE WHEN IT IS

Moorish café*
Opening Times: [09.00-24.00]

Times are subject to change during winter months.

Pizzeria
Opening Times: [10.00-12.00, 12.00-15.00, 15.00-17.00] - NOT OPEN

The pizzeria restaurant offers late Continental breakfast, lunchtime snacks and afternoon tea.

Beach snack bar*
Opening Times: [09.00-17.00] - NOT OPEN

Poolside café
Opening Times: [10.00-17.00] – NOT OPEN

Now having spoke to ABTA and trading standards you have to make clear that these times are subject to change or season availability and this clearly hasn’t been done. To this day you are still advising that these are open all year round and also that the al a carte is free when we know its not

Half of this wasn’t available due to been off season. Now i know you have now put a * next to the snack bar, but i have copies of the original information without this and also again the same info I had after this had been brought to the attention of the rep so i know this has only just been added.

The snack bar wasn’t included so the only place we could eat was the restaurant which was set times and this is not what an AI is about. Also to be then told we would be charged for taking one piece of fruit from the restaurant was disgusting. You had misold a holiday say that there were snacks available all day when this wasn’t the case so we should have been at least allowed to take food for later.

When we then tried to book the A la carte dining which even now says is free once per stay we was told, that again this was unavailable due to time of year and even when it is, it is not offered free it is offered at a discount of 20% off.

We have been completely mis sold and have spent most of the holiday filling in reports with your rep and causing stress and extra illness and complications to myself - worsening my condition.

To then top off everything else i was yelled at by the hotels reception manager when i went to check on the late check out that we had booked at the point of sale. He screaming at me saying that he didn’t care what i paid Thomson that you hadn’t paid them and they wanted our rooms back at 12pm. I was left crying in reception with absolutely no help from your 24 hour help team. Saying unfortunately the rep wouldn’t be there till 4pm and we left at 4:15pm for the airport.

You have completely ruined a holiday that was meant to help my condition and also build memories for my family in case i don’t have long left. I wanted to book a holiday with my son and husband in april next year but have lost faith and worried now about it. This holiday won’t be booked until i have a satisfactory outcome from this complaint

I am looking for my extra room money paid back in cash to off my credit card bill and a substantial refund / compensation on the holiday as we were completely miss sold having none of the services promised.

No snack bar / Poolside café
No beach bar
No A la carte dining
No Pizzeria

The wrong room
Humiliation of been yelled at
No support

The list goes on