Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hello to everyone at HT. Well here we are with our first week nearly over (boo hoo) and we are having a fab time, staying at the Flamingo Benidorm, although there has been some problems with football fans, quite a few were thrown out of the hotel. The food here is very good indeed, although we have missed a few meals due to overindulging the alcohol, lol. The weather has been great, but today I think sees the start of showery spells, no worries, lol, when I was younger I would have been having hysterics at not getting the all important all over tan! Not anymore, must be an age thing lol. Carol Ann, the Celtic Bar is still not open, but we will call in at the Shamrock, maybe the Celtic will open before we leave on th 21st, we're looking forward to meeting you, lol. Bye for now, off for a walk along the prom, be back on soon, love Linda x
Hiya Linda
Glad you`re having a nice time.....the weather is enough to freeze the :swear off a brass monkey here....and it`s blinkin trying to snow again. :cry:
off for a walk along the prom, be back on soon,

Now that`s rubbing salt into the wound :D :cry: :wink:
Enjoy yourself. :kiss

Besos xxx
Sanji
3 weeks to go and I`ll be there :D
although there has been some problems with football fans, quite a few were thrown out of the hotel

These yobs :x are certainly NOT 'football fans' and it is this small minority of 'football hooligans' that sadly gets Benidorm its 'lager lout' image. I hope they have not spoiled your own holiday too much.
I don`t think it had anything to do with the lager lout image of Benidorm and if they hadn`t been playing Vilareal then they wouldn`t have been there :wink:
http://www.costablanca-news.com/news/local.htm

sanji xxx
I don`t think it had anything to do with the lager lout image of Benidorm and if they hadn`t been playing Vilareal then they wouldn`t have been there

Sanji you are an absolute mind of information and I hope one day we can meet up so that I can buy you a drink. You are an absolute star.

Anyway, I don't know anything about football and I do not follow it, but I do get angry when a small minority of minless thugs spoil it for the majority of genuine fans....who I am quite sure would not stoop to causing a nuisance to such an extent where they are thrown out of their accomodation. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "I don`t think it had anything to do with the lager lout image of Benidorm" :?: Surely if they were tanked up on booze and had to be thrown out of their Hotel.....if I had observed that I would have immeidiately, rightly or wrongly, assumed they were lager louts. (And I apologise in advance here to any true Footie fan who has the odd drink or two while watching the match.....I mean no offence to you guys, so please don't assume I am tarring you all with the same brush, I am not). Its those people that simply cannot 'hold' their drinks and resort to anti social behaviour and thus spoiling it for those pepes who just want to have an enjoybale day watching footie. (Its not my idea of enjoyment but thats another story).
"I don`t think it had anything to do with the lager lout image of Benidorm

They were tanked up disappointed football fanatics/ hooligans and a different breed to the tanked up tourist wearing a football shirt :wink:
It could have happened anywhere ....just happened to be Benidorm because Villarreal is just up the coast in Castellon but, could have been Madrid if Rangers had been playing Real Madrid,Greece, Turkey or tim buck two.
It has no reflection on the tourists, cos these people were not tourists, they were football :swear who invaded a Spanish resort.
Comprendes.? :D :lol: :wink:
sanji xxx
Comprendes.?

Yes, I do now, thanks.
Gary. :D
I wear football shirts, but it is a Spanish National team one or a Real Madrid one :rofl
Just hope I don`t meet anybody who don`t like Real Madrid :D
Got tattoos and piercings. :rofl
I`m a right little yob :wink:
I hope one day we can meet up so that I can buy you a drink.

Poison
:rofl :rofl :rofl
Gary.
I wear football shirts, but it is a Spanish National team one or a Real Madrid one
Just hope I don`t meet anybody who don`t like Real Madrid
Got tattoos and piercings.
I`m a right little yob

Do you know, I wear football shirts as well, not those very expensive things from sports shops....I'd never dream of paying £50 or so for such an item, no I buy the cheaper imitations from the shops in Beni, not because I support any football team, I don't....I can't stand football, but rather because they are quite fashionable and they look quite good.....also very comfortable for flying in etc. I have got a Spanish footie shirt......no idea what team it is, but I have worn it walking around the streets in Beni and got some very approving looks from the locals.

My *poison* is Carolans.....a bit like Baileys only half the price and it tastes much better. I'm not sure if I am going to get to Benidorm this year now as my dad suffered his second heart attack just a few days ago, and although he has just today been discharged from hospital, he knows it was very serious and he is going to have to rest now so I'm guessing that flying is going to be out of the question for a long while? I do travel on my own a lot, but somehow I don't think I would enjoy Beni without my folks being with me.

But I WAS serious about the offer of a drink Sanji. Actually now I think about it, do HT Members ever get to meet up somewhre, like a sort of 'convention'? I appreciate that Admin?Mods probably do but I was just wondering if the membership did? I think it would be a lovely idea to see the people in reral life who we spend so much time on line with.
I appreciate that Admin?Mods probably do

Nope, never met any other mods/admin, we're spread all over the country!
A few members met in Birmingham last summer for a rowdy weekend, great fun it was too! :wink:
Pippy :D
Nope, never met any other mods/admin, we're spread all over the country!
A few members met in Birmingham last summer for a rowdy weekend, great fun it was too!

Oh right, well I still think it would be a good idea for a HT Convention of some sort that could take place once a year in various locations throughout the country so that we could all meet up and see the faces behind the user names. I'm sure no one would object to paying a small fee to help pay towards the cost of the venue and if any profit was made that could be ploughed back into this excellent site. Just an idea, but I for one would be very interested. :roll:
Just hope I don`t meet anybody who don`t like Real Madrid

Thats you off Senora Beckhams party list then Sanji!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I sometimes wear a Blackburn Rovers Top (Does That Count)? :lol: ....but never worn it in Beni........Yet!!! :twisted:

Regards Taggy
I returned from Beni on 11th March and the worse thing I saw that week were football fans singing. I'm not saying that every single one was well behaved but there are always some idiots who follow any team. The local police weren't much help with the over the top riot gear. All in all it was a great week and I can't wait to go back.

Karen
Hi Karen
Glad you had a nice time and avoided the hooligans....but according to the papers it did happen and they needed the riot squad in to calm it down.
Looks like they hit them in the pocket as well.

http://www.yourlocalnewspaper.info/news/newsarticledetail.php?article_id=7178

sanji xxxx
Hello again, from a now sunny Beni, the cold spell of the last 2 days has gone I hope! We met up with Carol Ann and Paul in the Shamrock bar yesterday and had a great time, (thanks for sharing your chips Carol, lol).
Seems i started something with the footy thing, but as I was not in the square when the "riot" took place I can't comment. All I do know is that these idiots were running amok in and around the hotel, and this I saw for myself, they were shouting and swearing at bar staff and falling over, they were so drunk, one even came and plonked himself next to me and hubby......eeeek, well I soon told him where to go and to watch his language while he was at it! exit one very red faced and suitably chastised Celtic fan, lol. I agree though that they are in the minority, and there seems to have been no trouble since they left. Hey Sanji, sorry if I upset you saying I was going for a walk along the prom, but I did enjoy it and I am on my way there again now, better make the most of it as birthday celebrations are in order tomorrow, I do believe I feel a hangover coming on lol. Anyway, bye bye for now, love Linda xxx
my birthday is on 16th March........I shall think of you both while sipping my birthday drink in Beni....... ....love Linda xx

Hope you have a very Happy Birthday Linda and I bet you won`t be thinking of anybody :rofl
Have a super day...lots of love :glynis

Sanji xxxx
:wave Linda

Nice to see you are having a good holiday and 'sorting' out the football fans :lol:

Have a fab birthday tomorrow, hope you have plenty of pain relief for the 'headache' tomorrow, unless of course a steady walk along the prom will be suffice

enjoy

kazee :wink:

ps: have one for me :glynis
I swear by Milk Thistle to avoid hangovers. I take 2 before going out and 2 before bed and very rarely wake up feeling rough. :lol: They're quite expensive but I buy them when they're on offer at Holland and Barrett and they last for ages.

Taggy don't you dare comment.

Sue :) :)
Sorry forgot to say, have a great birthday Linda. :glynis

Sue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.