Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Great to hear you are having a good time Sanji :cheers Am surprised however that you didn't record all the action on Sunday night - it would have made really good viewing, however you were no doubt enjoying yourself too much. :D

Enjoy the rest of your stay and take it easy :tup
Glynis :kiss
Well, we returned from La Carihuela last night to a rainy, windy EMA. :cry

We have had a wonderful, five day (kid-free) break, staying at Sol Aloha Puerto. Hotel has been refurbished since we visited last year, and looks lovely.

We did our usual, early morning before breakfast, strolls before it got too hot. Walked up to Arroya on the Sunday evening to watch the match, and wow, what an experience! The Spanish sure know how to celebrate! :hols

Walked into Torre after dinner one evening and stopped for a drink in the square before returning to a few bars at the back of the hotel.

Had lunch each day at The Dark Side of the Moon, sat watching the world go by......

BUT, the highlight of our break this year was meeting up with Sanji and Dave,we enjoyed their company that much at lunchtime, that we met up again in the evening and had a thoroughly enjoyable evening :glynis . A lovely couple and it is so nice to put a face to a name! Would love to keep in touch with them. Sanji's knowledge on not only Spain, but other subjects too, is incredible!

So, another fantastic time in this gem of a resort - and another plus, the sun shone all day today, so all holiday clothes washed and packed away!

Enjoy the rest of your holiday Sanji and say hi to Dave from us! :cheers

Best Regards

Elaine :fly
Glad to hear you had such a good time Elaine :tup - Am really jealous I missed being in Cari when the match was on :(
Glad to hear that you and Sani had a good time in la Carihuela. It's become a favourite haunt of ours after Sanji's first recommendation a few years ago. I'm missing it already and will have a long wait to go back there. we've decided to give Egypt a go next Easter, meaning we'll have to wait until Easter 2014 before we return. I don't know whether I made the right decision :think
Loved the Dark Side of the Moon when we were there!
Hi Glynis
I wish you´d have been here too- Me, you and Elaine would all get on so well together- you´d like her, she´s a nice lass. :tup

I was going to take the camcorder last Sunday night, but Dave talked me out of it, so that I could get involved waving my flag and jumping up and down when Spain scored- he was right, but later you always wish that you´d captured it on film.

We´ve met another HT member called canda,(and her friend) - we met by chance in the lift last night, although we have met her before last September - she had been trying to get in touch with me via a PM to let me know she was here staying in the same building, but when she finally got onto HT, she couldn´t send a pm. :shrug

Today has been another energy sapping sweltering day, where we haven´t done anything, except drink in a bar(s) in the shade- it´s a hard life. :sun2

Sanji x
Sanji wrote:
Hi Glynis
We´ve met another HT member called canda,(and her friend) - we met by chance in the lift last night, although we have met her before last September - she had been trying to get in touch with me via a PM to let me know she was here staying in the same building, but when she finally got onto HT, she couldn´t send a pm. :shrug

Today has been another energy sapping sweltering day, where we haven´t done anything, except drink in a bar(s) in the shade- it´s a hard life. :sun2

Sanji x

If Canda hasn't posted enough posts she won't have been able to pm at that time Shirley.

Sounds idyllic to me sitting in a bar with a cold drink :cheers (((jealous)))

Enjoy the rest of your stay and love to you and Dave :kiss
;) Glad to hear you're both having a brilliant time Sanji and a well earned rest!!! Just fetch some of that weather back with you please??? :rofl xxx
Hi.
Today has been hot and I love it, so when I say 'its hot' - trust me it's been hot.!
I know you can't always believe the street digital thermometers, but we passed one tonight at 7-30pm and it was reading 31° and the heat on my back was telling me that it wasn't far off the true temperature.

La Carihuela has been heaving this week-- there might be a crisis in Spain, but the Spanish are still going on holiday- I read in one of the local papers that because of the crisis they are staying and holidaying in their own provinces- and with the amount of people here, I would agree.

Next weekend will be 'manic' as about 30,000 people come to the village to celebrate on the 16th, the fiesta of the patron saint of fishermen, Senora Carmen.

One day I will arrange my holiday to be here at this time.

Sanji :sun2
30,000 OMG :yikes

Oh don't think I'd like to be there when it's that full Sanji :( Would love to see the Fiesta though.

Are you sleeping ok in those temps Sanji?

Keep on enjoying yourselves :kiss
Glynis HT Admin wrote:

Are you sleeping ok in those temps Sanji?

Keep on enjoying yourselves :kiss

Sleeping on top of the bed in the nuddy. :D Dave thinks it's his birthday every night :rofl
It's been lovely, we are sat outside the hotel Cabello at the moment, Dave with a G&T, me with a coke.
We came out of the apartment at 2 pm and haven't been back.....
Been for a walk to Benalmadena, been on the beach, been for a meal at Cheryls on the promenade and just finishing off outside the Cabello.........Think it will be a taxi back to the apartment.

Using the Cabello wi-fi and my tablet/pad.

Sanji :sun2
:cry Am soo jealous.

Sounds an idyllic day. :sun2

Miserable here, drizzle, grey, dull - down right depressing.
:kiss to you both - (if you can get the glass from Dave's mouth) ;)
We go every year for Carmen, Sanji, and would thoroughly recommend... we go to the parade down the road from us in Los Boliches (and coming from Northern Ireland, its safe to say its a lot different to what we're used to) The whole place is en fete. The parade of the fishermen, impeccably turned out in white shirts and trousers, starts out from the church in the centre of Los Boliches and they march through the wee narrow streets, lined with thousands of people, very slowly, to a drumbeat, from the band leading them. Every now and then they stop and burst into tune. At the head of the parade, the fishermen carry a statue of the Virgen del Carmen, bedecked in flowers, shoulder high, all the way down to the sea. They then wade in, right the way up to their necks, still carrying the statue, to bless the coming year's catch. After, there's a spectacular fireworks display... and if you want to eat, book in advance... everywhere is packed.
Really good to see it carrying on in these hard times for Spain and bringing such obvious joy to people and those interlopers, like us, who wouldn't miss it
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.