Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Monday 1st March :cheers http://www.holifestival.org/
x lassi
Well that's going to be a colourful one chilly :cheers , don't forget to invite me :wave:
xx lassi
absolutely Lassi!!! consider it done!!
Chilly ;)
hi
so thats going to be a day to remember,1st March...Holi...Chilly,s Birthday :hbirth (21+) :rofl ..and the most important day of the year for us Welsh St. Davids day,i feel a hangover coming,but where will i get a bouquet of daffodils from ?
Can anyone please tell me what date Holi is in 2011 ...colleen
Had a quick look at Wikipedia and this is what it said regarding Holi Festival in Goa...... :que

Also called Festival of Arsalon
Observed by Indians (Hindus, and Sikhs), almost all Nepalese (mainly Hindus)
Begins Phalgun Purnima or Pooranmashi (Full Moon)
Date Feb - March
2010 date Burning of Bonfire 28th Feb & Playing Holi (Colours) March 1
2011 date March 20
Celebrations 3 - 16 days
1st March sounds like a good day to be out of Goa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not because of Holi day just so i don't have to buy Chilly a present and a drink, you get your bus pass this year Chilly !!!!!!! :rofl :rofl

Mike
just so i don't have to buy Chilly a present and a drink,

No change there then Mike :rofl

you get your bus pass this year Chilly

You know they had to take it away from her to stop her chaseing after the buses :pele
Colleen, have sent you this before, put in your favourites, it gives major dates of festivals up to 2031 ;)

Festivals
:cheers Tony yes I do rem you sending me that link before ..just added it so I will know from now on :tup your a wee love ..
you get your bus pass this year Chilly !!!!!!! :rofl :rofl

huh no i dont Mike!! you know i am far too young for all that... :D behave you lot!! and that includes you meagain :really or i might let out some of your Holi secrets from last year !!! :rofl
chilly
Hi, thanks for all suggestions, if anyone has any other ideas please post as we are really kean to try a few different trips this year, have also heard about a big statue of shiva in the next state does anyone know of this, look forward to any other suggestions, thanks again kate
Hi Katie,
a few years ago we spent a few days in Gokarna and visited Murudeshwara on a day trip. Definitely worth a visit. :tup We had a fabulous lunch at a restaurant overlooking the beach near to the statue of Shiva but unfortunately I can't remember the name of it! The statue itself is amazing.
Another day trip from Gokarna was to Jog Falls and again it was a wonderful day out.
There are loads of places to visit close to Gokarna so have a look at spending a few days there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.