Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hello and Happy Holi to everyone! - It's been a mad day, I managed to stay clean until 10am when I drove down to the slum. Then was attacked by lots of little people (the children) and slightly taller little people (the parents :wink: ), covered from head to toe in bright colours... some of which ended up in my mouth ears, eyes etc... It was great fun, some pictures below, hopefully get more added soon. Anyone else with stories from today?

http://www.childrenwalkingtall.com/Pictures5.htm
So no Holi Stories? What about youn Lin B?
does anyone know when the holi festival will be on in baga 2007???
Holi is actually on Saturday March 3rd - but what kind of festival do you mean - the throwing about of the coloured powder?
yes thats the one, we were there this year for it
Well nobody has been talking about Holi this year (It's today by the way!!!) For those who don't know (from a foriegners perspective, Holi is when lots of people through coloured powder paint at each other for no apparent reason. :D - It is really good fun. Some of the men and women also go round asking for "Kushi" (Money) otherwise you get beaten by sticks and mobbed by the women... (or is that just me!) - Anyway, I got raided this morning by the children who all wanted to cover me with paint (which they did), they had their drums (empty plastic containers) and we singing and dancing, later on I went down to give fruit out and yes, yet again got mobbed by the children and parents... All in very good spirits. Been a great day all the volunteers have Sunday off so we're going down tomorrow to get our own back (the ones with the most powder paint wins!!!! :D - should be lots of fun, we've having water bombs too to make it even)

I took some photos today which should be up shortly, but am absolutely shattered today so going to 'chill' this evening....

Happy Holi!
Sounds like a lot of fun...... shame Im going to miss it :(

Jenx
Her's a great picture from the celebratons

http://www.childrenwalkingtall.com/Newsletter/Pictures/Holi07.JPG

Should manage a few more up in a day or so...
Hi, Finally got my Holi pictures up...

http://www.ChildrenWalkingTall.com/Pictures9.htm

There's some great ones...
Got a picture to share, but cant show the pic or link 'cos of the 10 post rule.
hi jon
you can upload it here and it will be moved to the Goa Gallery. If you post here if you upload I will be happy to give the link :D ( make sure you put the location and date of the holiday and any other info you want to add)
thanks, pic uploaded. :lol:
And here it is!. When it is moved it should be in the Calangute album.
Looks a fun festival- fun but messy like Songkran in Thailand.
brought back for IC :D
Hi all
Anyone know what date the festival is on in 2008 :?: ,we were there in 2002 when the festival was on and we really enjoyed it
thanx Jubileepat and Andy :glynis
22 March ( I think)
Hindu festival dates up to the year 2031 :!:

HERE
Tony - you are such a smart :swear :rofl
Thank goodness we are going to miss it this year. We had drumming from dinnertime to well past bedtime this year - it drove us mad as we were staying near to the designated temple. I have bought some supa dupa earplugs from America to take this year but yipee we will not need them.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.