Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
From my experience the two main problems will probably be the iniquitous single supplements that most of the tour operators charge and the fact that many of the hotels don't have as much entertainment in the low season. I'm sure others on here will be able to point you towards hotels where there is entertainment and it is certainly worth shopping around regarding the supplement. I have found that some hotels don't charge if you book direct with them or it may be worth trying somewhere like Medhotels or Lowcostbeds. I'm looking for April at present and still getting silly prices with an average of £70/80 added on to the basic price. :roll:

Incidentally, beware of the meal charge on planes. Airtours charge for meals but usually fly on Nouvelair Tunisie planes, (code BJ) which provide a meal anyway. :evil:
Hi Kashmirigirl,

I've travelled on my own with Panorama on a couple of occasions and not had to pay ridiculous supplements. It all depends on when you go - in low or even mid season you may find they reduce or drop the supplement just to make sure they sell more rooms. One of the big problems can be that single rooms are often inferior to standard rooms. I managed to get a twin to myself on both occasions. I kept phoning Panorama every few days to check prices and as soon as it dropped booked!! Can be a bit time consuming doing it this way but it's worked well for saving me money.

A.
I usually book through Medhotels, never pay a single supplement and always get a really nice room.

Dorra
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.