Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I wouldn't worry about shacks with wifi- they all have it now! Our favourite is Pedros- to the left as you come on to the beach.
We always arrive as places are beginning to close for the season so I can't comment on all the places on Holiday Street but we absolutely love Nirvana and also Down the Street.( Kingstork for the fourth time next April :D )
Hi Les
We are going to try dreamers shack this season because England baz who posts on tripadvisor is always recommending it so going to see what its like, if you want a good steak I can recommend sizzling ice its next to the Santa Monica hotel been there a good few times and always good.
Danny
Hi Les

We are also staying at the Kingstork (you've made a wise choice), think it's our 5th or 6th time.
Holiday St is perfectly situated between Candolim and Calangute, not to noisy, but the centres of both are a short distance away.

Stanley and Ruena at the Kingstork are the perfect hosts.

Regarding the restaurants there is plenty of choice in the area the Seagull, Ondas de Mar, Goldeneye, Maggies, the Kingstork itself, and if you want something special there's A Reverie, and Le Jardin right opposite the Kingstork, and last but not least there's Nirvana, with possibly the best barman in Goa, the one and only Adil.

Regarding shacks we used to use Rudy's, but for our last few visit's we decided to move around a bit. Pete's on the way to Candolim is good, Glenn's Corner is worth a visit, Glenn is a great little guy.

Regards.......Barney
Always a good curry at curry's and kababs. Go to the top of holiday St. Straight across the road up the side St.lovely place with a garden at the back for el fresco eating cheap as well. Turn left at the top and walk down about 50 yards you hit Bonnie's bar a good cheap bar with brilliant owner,staff and customers.on the next conner there's babuts bar good cheap food and drink there too.Also has a mini mart were you can get sim cards change money cigs boze snacks etc. and if they don't have what you want there just cross the road you will find a small Newtons supermarket. Just up from here you will find the taste of India another good place for Indian food and tandori.If you are still feeling a bit peckish there's a Chinese across the road.Also forgot to mention if you walk up the side St.by babuts head towards the Osborne hotel just outside the gates good little bar and eating place called Zicos. All this is whitin a 15 main.walk from the king stork.
We are staying at kingstork les it's a lovely little hotel and lots of places to eat on the doorstep you won't be disappointed
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.