Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Hi and welcome to HT!

You will need to read the Cancellation and Amendment T&C's of the company you have booked with. It is just a couple of days under the 56 days when cancellation kicks in. If the company you have booked with start their sliding scale at 56 days you will have to cancel or amend within the next couple of days. All you should lose at this point is your deposit.

luci :wave
I would get on the phone or go to shop pronto. You may be able to reschedule. We had to do this once and there wasn't a problem, don't think we even lost our deposits.
Details of amending here:

http://www.thomson.co.uk/editorial/faqs/changing-holiday/changing-your-holiday.html

http://www.thomson.co.uk/thomson/page/tandc/tandc.page?depDate=2009-05-01&accommInvSys=TPP&flightInvSys=TPP&lang=en

It appears that changed within 70 days of travel are classed as a new holiday and cancelling would mean a loss of 30% of the cost. All the details are in the second link in Sections 11 and 12.

luci :wave
Hello, I would phone up the company who you booked with and ask them, however when I wanted to change destination and the date of my holiday with thomascook, they charged me 210 pounds admin fee in total for 3 people to change the date of travel and destination.

They also told me that I could only change the date up to 6 months, so I was due to travel in September, and changed it to January, which fell in the 6 month window.
If you are changing to the same destination and hotel but different month the charges should be less.
yes, that is why I said they charged for the change of destination and date. If you're only changing the date then it will just be an admin fee for the date.

If you look at my post, the 210 pounds admin fee was for a change of destination AND date, and this was for 3 people.

So, the OP fees will hopefully be a lot less, and i'm sure it should cost them less than 100pounds, but it is best to check :)
At this point in time they will be charged 30% cancellation charges, whether they cancel or amend, as changing the flight will be classed as a major change.
But he isn't going for another 72 days, and I thought it was 70 days or under that is classed as a major change???
:rofl You are correct Sunaddict, I read it as 11th Nov rather than 1st Nov.
Call them - on a phone at a good time,
when you haven't had to wait ages listening to bad music and worse adverts.
Then you must be incredibly polite and friendly to whoever you get to talk to.
You might just find that rather than invoke the rules and letter of the law to your disadvantage, the tour operator actually might prefer to end up with a happy customer.
They might let you pick a new holiday at a new time without punitive cancellation/change costs.
They do NOT want to lose customers, they will never let you walk over them, but they actually can be quite fair if approached right.
In my experience, anyhow.
Go in for a fight like some might advise, you will probably get one.
- Good luck!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.