Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Every body all at once, aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Hello, just incase I don't come on here till after Saturday I would like to wish Prince Charles, Gozo Mark and myself a very happy Birthday.

the happy birthday holidaymaker :rofl
You forgot me, still everyone else remembered. :wave: , happy birthday all.
I wish everyone a Happy Birthday too especially Dave and Mark. Don't drink too much on your birthday Dave although I know you don't really like a pint!

Jean
Hello, well here we are nearly at the end of another year of fun filled holidays, I would just like to say what a year it has been for me and Mrs Holidaymaker.
Six weeks before last new year we were going to Cyprus untill Thomson Holidays told us we were not, so it became a rush to find some were else. We did find some were else and ended up in Egypt A I in a five star hotel (Thomas Cook) for not much more money than we were paying for a four star H B and had a great time, meet some realy nice people, so I would like to thank Thomsons for this ( we have and will never use them again).
Next we went back to Lisbon (easyjet) for a weekend break with our friends, my wife nearly got had her money stollen out of her bag, but other than this a good time was had. After this we went to Krakow (easyjet) in Poland again for a nice weekend was made to drink lots of local beer and cold wodka (vodka) had some realy nice food and had a very good time, great place to try out.
Then came our two week summer holiday again it was Portugal in a place called Tavira east of Faro we used (Thomas Cook) and very good they were, good hotel on B&B nice breakfasts we went out every night and only picked one duff restaurant even though we still eat the food.
Went on the ferry to Spain for a few hours, used the train to get about, meet some friends in Faro and again I had to drink lots of beer (not that I like it, it just seems to be put in front of you when you sit down in a bar) but we did have a realy great time so good we have booked to go to Portugal again next summer though we will be going to Albufeira this time (not been for three years).
Next came a trip to Saville (Ryanair) what a place if you ever need to go on a romantic break this is second only to Rome in my view. Stayed in a nice four star hotel room only, breakfast with the locals in a nice cafe/bar just down the road sat out side every morning it was great, tryed some nice Tapas, though I must say we were very lucky as we did not know what we ordered, and found a great reastaurant by chance and went there twice it was that good.
Again I had some beer but never to many and lots of wine, saw lots of nice sites here and would go back again even if I did the same things over again it was that good. well that is just about it other than our new years holiday to Fuertevtura (Thomas Cook) for a bit of sun sea and you know what :think

Dave.

P S, I must point out i only try out the local beer and wine so I can tell other people what it is like :cheers
Do you think we believe that Dave. Why is it that you've always got a pint glass in your hand in your photos - of course it's always empty! Hope you both have a nice holiday - and don't drink too much - see you after your holiday hopefully with some photos. At least you'll have warmer weather than it is here at the moment.
Hi pipefitter and pipelagger, I used to be a pipe smoker when I went fishing because my hands used to get too cold to roll me own faaaaaaaaaaags, so I used to stuff me baccie in me briar and smerk me tabs that way, now I'm completely smoke free but no longer have the figure of a pipe cleaner, any hoo I share your interest Dave, we are off to Germany in a bit to get away from the ghastly modern uk christmas , yes you guessed it I hate modern xmas :banghead: , however a glass of beer or 10 would be lovely in Germany but I bet I can't find any over there with Germany being famously tea total ;)
I have to point out that any photo of me holding a beer glass is just pure chance, I have just asked someone to take my picture who happens to be holding a pint of beer and they say to me, just hold this while I take your picture :cheers

Dave.
Re:ale drinking and spoken in a Cheshire dialect:

Aye lad it's fine talking about ale but can thee actilly supp it ? ?, cos from where I'm standing I've spilt more down me weskit than thee's supped arl neet !! :glynis
I have to say in a broad Leicestershire acsent, I never spill it I just fall over when I have had to much :cheers
There's only one answer to that Dave just have a couple of pints less then you won't fall over.
Am so excited am going to Malta for my 40th in May Hooray !!!! Can't wait !!

I know it's not a discussion topic but had to share it.
Am so excited am going to Malta for my 40th

I did that for my 40th, and rather spiffing it was too.
I think Malta is rather spiffing anyway..even more so when you are celebrating.. I really hope you enjoy your birthday.
I think the word "spiffing" is rather spiffing too :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.