Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Yes but with dubious beef and kidney (allegedly), and very stodgy suet, lots of chippies oop here in the grim North stock em, but oop here we call a chippie pie a growler, as adversed to the South where they often call a dog a pie http://www.hollandspies.co.uk/
Hello all, I see at long last they have banded the spring hunt (Kacca) see the Times of Malta, it just goes to show that the E U is good for some thing as it was them that put pressure on the local government to stop it.
That said I also see that the so called hunters are know going round vandalising the contry side as a protest.
Dave
Hi there. I thought that I would update you all on my holiday/football dilema. I booked for Mallorca for all the family going on tuesday. Hubby has a ticket for the FA cup final :cry: Despite being able to sell his ticket for well over £1000 :shock: he insists on going. I will be abandond on Friday evening till Sunday afternoon :(
Never mind, it is only 3 weeks to go before we go to Malta for a full 10 days, TOGETHER the whole time :lol:
Kiltman..we are staying in Paradise Bay, right near the ferry port to Gozo. We will be doing alot of scuba diving and I will be doing alot of exploring..starting with a nice bar in which to watch the Champions League final in Gozo on Wednesday night. me and the boy are Liverpool fanatics and some friends of ours who own property in Gozo have arranged for us to watch the game with all the Milan fans!!!!

I am already making plans to return to Malta a couple more times this year so I can explore the history and culture of the place...asuming I love it when i get there of course...... :lol:
We are staying in Buggiba, we go on Tuesday 22nd. We to are great Liverpool fans and will be watching the match. We know of a little english bar there that has the football on. We will be the ones in the Liverpool shirts :lol: :lol: I do hope we will have something to celibrate.
Good luck Liverpool. :gluck
I'm 101% with you there, come on Liverpool and win your 6th European Cup, which incidentally will be 4 more than man u.
Sliema2 I do believe you are an ABU :wlink
Hi M&N if I knew what an ABU was I might agree, is it a small furry animal that lives on the African sub-continent ?.
Hello Sliema2,
ABU (anyone but united) Man Utd. You either love them or hate them similar to 'Malta you either love it or hate it' :lol:
I used to be ABU, but I now hate Chelsea equally - am I now an ABUC ??
Hubby and I are off to Kos tomorrow :hyper - we booked it well before we found out that my team are in the final, but now the whole of Liverpool is going to Kos!!

Because flights to Athens and nearer where either astronomically expensive or completely obsolete then most people are going on holiday to Kos and getting internal flights- I will be so annoyed if I bump into someone I know lol !!!

Rob (Mr JOJO**) even went to get his holiday haircut and the barber said he has had loads of people in who are off to Kos tomorrow specifically for the footie :roll:
Hi M&N, therefore so I am :hyper
Am all packed and ready to go. Tomorrow. Me and the boy have our Liverpool shirts ready......Malta here we come!!!!!!
Back in Malta ( well Gozo ) on 7th August....can't wait....
not long now Val :D
Looking through the Malta forum it seems that many of you are as passionate about Malta as Goa members are about Goa( one of the forums I mod). I know Goa members feel they are going "home" when they go. How many of you feel the same about Malta?
Malta (or rather Gozo) is home to me ! :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.