Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Been there done that , me and the daughter went one year end april beginning of may
and had terrible weather , hubby and son went to torquay the same weekend , guess who came back with a tan

THEM

At least its a change of scenery and away from the same four walls . Its been a lovely day here in south wales
I agree. It's been a lovely sunny day here in Lowestoft (most easterly town in England), but nothing compares to sitting beside the pool at the Maripins with a coffee expertly made and served by the lovely Tomas, having all your meals cooked for you, no washing up, beds made, bathrooms cleaned, etc. etc.

Wish I was there :sun2
So do i .

My first stay on the costa brava was at the Hotel Papi, but i used toi go into the Maripins and think how posh it was .
You probably saw us there then! We've been there for several years now, but haven't booked this year due to eldest son leaving school and too much 'up in the air' at the moment! Like I said, mum is there now and will go again in August and September (lucky thing), maybe me and husband will have a holiday on our own this year, if not, will miss it sooooo much! :cry

We've travelled by coach for years, then the last two years we drove ourselves, maybe this year we will be brave and fly! :really
Good point Julie, but if it's a gloriously sunny day at the caravan, then sitting overlooking the clyde estuary and the isle of bute with a nice glass of wine isn't bad at all :D

This isn't a bad view at night too

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/210/482935975_ab002e8aee_m.jpg

I'm looking at the PVC decking just now, once i get that i might not go back to Spain!! :tup
CiderMonster - what a beautiful view!

Enjoy the peace and tranquility of your caravan :tup and if the sun shines for you, even better! :sun2
:sun2 Yippee, I'm so excited!

Last night we booked a flight from Luton to Barcelona on 22nd August returning on 31st August. We're going to join my mum at The Maripins, Malgrat de Mar (she's going by coach). She's so excited too because she was disappointed we weren't going to have a holiday with her this year (we've always been away together, probably the tenth consecutive year we've been to the Maripins). Can't wait :cheers

We weren't going to have a holiday this year because eldest son has left school and his apprenticeship is undecided so we felt all at sixes and sevens about it, but it's out of our hands until he gets his exam results so we've decided to go after all! The boys are excited too :)

Diet starts today!! ;)
Im going to Calella in 12 days for my 21st. Cant wait!

Staying in the Calella Palace, And going to be lapping up the sun for 7 days..aahhhhh luxury!

And theres no shame in saying..too right we will be hitting the clubs!

Anyone else going to be there around the same time?

Megz
were of in just 6 more days and the weather as finally sorted itself out :sun2
thanks tangobunny benn back now for 2 days but had a good time the weather was great :cheers
thank you porker, i will do same. We go 8th Aug not long now, so excited only 4 more days to go to work. :clap
hi connie whwere is it you are going we went for the 1st time to lloret de mar and stayed at the h top royal beach :cheers norma.
hi norma, we are going to santa susana staying at onabrava, its our first time abroad for 12 years and really looking forward to going, last time we went we stayed at the Imperial in LLorett but its not called that now it was near Royal Beach, we wanted to stay at Royal Beach this year but couldnt get booked. :)
hi connie,we had a day trip to callella and drove through santa susanna looks real nice well you have not got many more sleeps left now wish we were coming back with you we have been back nearlly 4 weeks now and the tan is fading sharp lol seems like ages ago we went all back to reality now and of course im looking on the net for the next one as you do :sun2
hi porker, we use to stay in Calella as a child, Costa Brava brings back childhood memories always went by coach although the journey never seemed so long, we use to travel with siesta and cantabrica many years ago, i have 4 sleeps to go but probably only 3 as i may not sleep with the excitment Thursday, what was i saying about being a child.
Do you know where you're going next year?

Can anyone give any info on the Ferris Platinum coaches, do they show movies and do we need earphones any info regarding the coaches is welcome.
hi connie we are thinking of going back to benidorm again for xmas not sure yet as son is at the awkward age and also funds.
you can google the name as they have a web page
your due to go to montgri soon, is it still going ahead, just with interbrava saying they need full coach to make it happen, hope its a goer for you , will you let us know

regards
j
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.