Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
what has happened to the cidermonster then he was always on here ,did he die
Erm ... no! :D

Someone pointed me in the direction of this thread, and i admit i had a good laugh, but i don't want people thinking i'm dead!!!

Had a disagreement with the mods, felt there was a bit of bias, and pure and simply just decided to leave, that was all. If people think i'm a help and want me to stay and help people, i'll post in the Spanish thread only, but i'll more than likely get papped off by the mods once they spot me again

Anyway, just wanted to clear up the rumours! :duh
You certainly won't be 'papped' by the mods Cidermonster. If I remember correctly we spoke via pm and I said at the time I didn't want you to leave. Your disagreement wasn't with any mod that I am aware of.

Welcome back and if you choose to just post in the Spanish forums that's fine by us :tup
I had some disagreements with people in other forums but what the hell it's in the past, and i did enjoy helping the people in here, so i'll hang around and see if i can be of use in the costa brava forums ... if anyone is still going there!!
nice to see you back jim.
are you going down there this year
hi cidermonster , glad to see you back , just thought it was strange that you stopped putting posts up instantly as though you had dissapeared, people did find your views helpfull as i did when i was going to castle for the first time 3 or 4 years ago , so keep posting so that people like myself when going on holiday to a place for the first time can get good honest information about a place from some one that has been there a few times. As i dont like flying i would be going back there myself by coach , but have discovered cruising now and looking forword to my 2nd cruise on board the p&o ventura this august but it costs so much ,so i will be in the next few years back on the coaches to the costas.......mick
Yep, i am heading back there this year, on the 23rd to Castell Montgri with the wonderful Interbrava (well, i hope they are still as wonderful as they were last time!)
yo ciders welcome back, u doin ok ?
Hey bootle ... aye, no bad .. looking forward to my holiday! :tup
Hi
First time in Costa Brava - going first week in June (in fact first time in Spain). Will be staying in Calella can anybody tell me what its like there and where to go. Just booked a quick week away and this is where Ive ended up booking.

michelle
Just arrived late last night to Calella. Drive from airport was good not much traffic.Just a small problem with car, exhaust seems to be blowing, have contacted hire company.
Hotel is good.first immpression
Weather today Monday 9:00am is sunny.
Will keep everyone updated. Pipefitter.
pipefitter wrote:
Just arrived late last night to Calella. Drive from airport was good not much traffic.Just a small problem with car, exhaust seems to be blowing, have contacted hire company.
Hotel is good.first immpression
Weather today Monday 9:00am is sunny.
Will keep everyone updated. Pipefitter.

With a username like yours a blowing exhaust shouldn't be a problem! Enjoy the holiday.
Just by chance came across the Bucaneer in Pineda.they have a cash prize bingo/quiz with a twist(not the dance :rofl )on Friday night start 10pm.
Carling 2.50, vodka and mixer 3.20.
Going to Calella on 27th July for 2 weeks. Have not been there in 25 years & remember way back then a great wee pub called the Rabbie Burns, doubt it still exists?.
llindy is like me i still love the thrill of it,,the coach the brava etc,,someone on an initial post, asked why we still go etc,,,weird for me but i have been lucky enough to have worked and travelled all over the world.but for some reason calella de palafrugell and its surroundings still draws me iv even been 4 times in on year,,,it for me wins hands down all over all others that siesta etc go too.though im always open to others thoughts on places nearby.on la siesta over the years iv got to know the staff locals and owners,,speakin a mix of catalan also helps,im at this moment looking to get a late one for next week or soon,,,so looking forward to that.x
Just got back from 2 weeks in Malgrat at the Maripins - love it there. Been going there for the last 20 years but now fly over instead of the coach. Had a great time as usual.
Glad you had a great time East Point, when you have time would you add your review here please if you haven't already done so?

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/costa-brava/malgrat-de-mar/maripins-hotel/

Many thanks :cheers
Did just try to add a review Glynis, added a good one and quite a lot but it keeps saying my review was too short so I gave up - sorry.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.